Stator problem scooter not revving

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
immylam

Jet 200 standard just changed over to a GP crank. Everything fine before but now the scooter just won't rev out. It will start and tick over but open the throttle and nothing. Press the horn and it will rev of its own accord. Remove the yellow wire from regulator and it is absolutely fine. Only difference is the crank and flywheel (but I have tried 3 different flywheels and problem is still there so I take it that it is a stator/electrical one) All suggestions welcome.
blue

Some indian stators have the red and yellow wires the wrong way round, not sure if it would run if this is the case but you could try pluging the red into regulator and yellow into cdi.
Daggs

Italian wiring Indian wiring

green .... green ...... to CDi (ignition)

red .... yellow ...... to CDi (trigger)

yellow .... brown ...... to Reg (voltage in)

white ..... white ...... To CDi Earth
immylam

ok , tried changing wires around but no success. Tried a couple of regulators so I can rule that out. It is simply when I remove the yellow wire from the regulator everything is fine (other than no lights etc) but plug it in again and the revs just don't pick up ( although my lights work and my horn makes the engine rev...) I will try a BGM 120w stator and let you know how I fair. Still taking suggestions though, need this on the road for Mablethorpe in 2 weeks so will try most things.....but not that ;)
firekdp

I would remove the stator and check the wiring, perhaps they have been pinched and the green/red and yellow are contacting each other. :?:
micksnake
Main scooter: GP.TS1 225

Had this problem with mates scoot, ended up being the earth on regulator. Wire was broken inside, try new earth wire and new earthing point.
immylam

I have changed the stator and tried another Voltage regulator and re earthed and everything is working fine. I am leaving it there for the day as cdi and regulator are not fitted to the frame so I don't want to spoil what is left of my Sunday by bolting them on taking the scooter out on a road test and them not working :). I did notice on the stator I took off that the pick up ( small black box) was not screwed down tightly and was sitting slightly off true, looked like there had been some rubbing because of this. It may have been the problem but seen as it works now I am not putting it back on to check.

thanks all
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information