Lambretta or Vijay Super?

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
mawso

I've bought an unreg'd bike...on the canvas (yes) Indian reg doc it says Vijay Super.

The bike's a 1978 SIL GP...was there always two models produced side by side? Or are they all Vijay's?

It's just that this is an early(ish) example and I had thought it would be classed as an SIL Lambretta. Never really thought I'd be bothered about an Indian Lambretta...but I don't want it to say Vijay Super if I can help it.

Any options or is that what it'll be?

Thanks Stu
rog60
Main scooter: Indian GP200

I have what is properly called a Vijay Super 125 frame, an SIL 200 engine and has been made and badged to look like a GP 200. The only place it says Vijay is on the V5C.
As far as I'm concerned it was made using the original Innocenti tooling etc so therefore IS a Lambretta, besides which the spares prices are a lot cheaper which is why I sold my 1965 TV200.(Like a woman.....Bloody high maintenance).

Now I wait for the crap to fly. :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?:
NO IT'S NOT A F***IN* MOPED!!!!!!
Ian Hepworth

No SIL made Lambrettas were called Lambretta in India, Vijay super was thought to be a better name!

Over here DVLA basically clamped down due to conflicting info and decided that they should also be called Vijay supers.
rog60

Absolutely, plus the manufacturer is Scooters of India Ltd, and model is Vijay Super which is a Hindu name for something which I have forgotten?????
Lor@n

Vijay means VICTORY or being victorious while trying to conquer.

Many people in India have Vijay as a first name.
http://lambrettiste.free.fr to get a FREE proper timing disc --> http://lambrettiste.free.fr/documents/f ... gradue.pdf
"A tidy shed is a sign of mental disorder"
mawso

Fair enough then I suppose...still a little envious of those that got them reg'd Lambretta on the docs.

What do Spanish imports get reg'd as Eibar, Serveta or Lambretta?
sideout
Main scooter: SX150/GP Muggy/LiS3 Avanti TT3

As me Juliet sez: "What's in a name? that which we call a rose, By any other name would smell as sweet;"

I've got a V5 with Lambretta on it and another with Vijay Super on it, the scooters look, feel and smell :o like Lammys to me :D
jonny snatchsniffer

apart from one smells of onion bhaji and the other of parmesan, i guess the spanish ones smell of paella.
sorry ill get me coat
rog60

jonny snatchsniffer wrote:apart from one smells of onion bhaji and the other of parmesan, i guess the spanish ones smell of paella.
sorry ill get me coat
:baddevil: :baddevil: I'll get it for you. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information