Tuned RB exhaust choice.....

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
drunkmunkey6969
Main scooter: '69 Lambretta GP

Just rebuilding a heavily ported and tuned RB based engine for a customer, told him to get me the Chiselspeed Race pipe to finish it off, but Chisel dont have any RB race pipes in and wont have any for a while........so as a second choice i'm looking at 3 alternatives:

1) Franspeed Race
2) Fat Mamba
3) AF - NK Race Pipe

1) I've not personally used the Franspeed race, so although i've heard good stuff about it, i cant make a 100% comparison that would be valid for this particular application.

2) I've seen plenty good results off Fat Mamba pipes, but mainly on tuned TS1 engines, anyone got good feedback for tuned RB engines?

3) AFs range of NK pipes confuse me, the old ones i never liked and thought were crap, but the 'new' range was apparantly a direct copy of the Chisel ADS range, but now i hear they RB ones are not, that they are slightly different? Confused?

So.....anyone got CONCRETE figures, feedback or information on the above 3 pipes as an alternative to the Chis ADS pipe on a tuned RB?

Diablo? Chris Sturgess? Anyone?
See our YouTube scooter channel for Tech-help: https://www.youtube.com/c/TheScooterFactory/videos
arthur

the maker of ads pipe is the same as nk are they not?and my nk race new version was made before ads pipe i'm pretty sure of...
RICSPEED

dan i have an rb race pipe if you want to try it out
Its in bits scooter club: www.facebook.com/groups/132415046859320
drunkmunkey6969

RICSPEED wrote:dan i have an rb race pipe if you want to try it out
Yes please!!
See our YouTube scooter channel for Tech-help: https://www.youtube.com/c/TheScooterFactory/videos
drunkmunkey6969

arthur wrote:the maker of ads pipe is the same as nk are they not?and my nk race new version was made before ads pipe i'm pretty sure of...
Yes, same fabricator.....but im not sure if he uses the same pattern/dimensions/spec for both Chisel and AF on all of the pipes? I understood some of them were identical, and others were different?
sydduckett

I had the old style NK mid on my rb and it was a very revvy pipe but did suit the powerband of the RB. then tried jl3 which while more rideable around town didnt have the power band anymore, same deal with jahspeed one i tried. Then settled on Franspeed race which is spot on. Can poodle around town no bother but still reatins power band so best of both worlds. Its prob a bit down on top end and getting there compared to the nk but its minimal and is far better made in my opinion.

Dont know much about the fat mamba im afraid, not sure it did that well against the others in the recent scootering test?
corrado
Dealer
Main scooter: Lambretta GP

When are you planning on dynoing them Dan? I've got a NK race from when the RB was 1st released, the type with no tailcan support. I've also got a Franspeed RB race. These 2 are very similar in design though not identical and I've also got an ADS RB race with is definitely different to the other 2.
I may be able to get over on Saturday if you want to test all 3. I can't make it before 12 though.
Presuming your customer wants to buy one if it works well.
Which RB kit is it 20, 22 or 25?
ricalnic
Main scooter: Lambretta GP Monza 225

corrado wrote:When are you planning on dynoing them Dan? I've got a NK race from when the RB was 1st released, the type with no tailcan support. I've also got a Franspeed RB race. These 2 are very similar in design though not identical and I've also got an ADS RB race with is definitely different to the other 2.
I may be able to get over on Saturday if you want to test all 3. I can't make it before 12 though.
with everyone throwing these pipes at you Dan I hope you'll post up the charts for us too see, will make interesting reading for sure
RinB
Main scooter: Reflections in Blue

ricalnic wrote:
corrado wrote:When are you planning on dynoing them Dan? I've got a NK race from when the RB was 1st released, the type with no tailcan support. I've also got a Franspeed RB race. These 2 are very similar in design though not identical and I've also got an ADS RB race with is definitely different to the other 2.
with everyone throwing these pipes at you Dan I hope you'll post up the charts for us too see, will make interesting reading for sure
Ive got a modified JL4 for a RB, Plus one made for my sprinter as well Dan if you want to try ??
I too might be able to come across Sat if you & sean have TEA & BISCUITS
If its made of Metal Fettle it !!
drunkmunkey6969

Woah there neddy......lol.

OK, the engine isnt complete yet, still waiting for the customer to deliver 2 important components, so it wont be ready for Saturday, but i am however very grateful for all the offers on pipes.

Ric.....your pipe is a BSSO one-off race pipe and requires a side case that is blanked off, so probably no good for this customer, thanks anyway for the offer.

Corrado/RinB.....the customer managed to source the ADS RB Race Pipe from AF Rayspeed, but thank you very much for the offers.

Corrado.....i would like to try a Franspeed race still though, ideally for my own tuned TS1, but if you dont have a TS version then maybe run the one you've got up on this tuned RB i'm doing so i have a bench-mark comparion between the 2 pipes on a tuned motor? I've been using the ADS pipes on TS1s with great success, but they are a tw@7 to get hold of from Chisel, always a major back-order situation, never in stock? Plus i have heard good things about the Franspeed race, so if you have one i can try for a TS1, then i'd buy it in for myself if it improves the power delivery over the ADS pipes.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information