Vapor speedo drive

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
jason frost
Dealer

Came up this idea yesterday.
Drill out the speedo cap nut so the wire can pass though, needed to use a bit of pastic pipe as a spacer
looks like this when to together
and fitted
just need to mount the magnet on the hub but its dinner time now so will post pictures later when its done.
jason frost
Dealer

Just ended up drilling into the drive and gluing in the magnet
jason frost
Dealer

PeteSR wrote:excellent idea, had chance to test it yet?
Not yet thats down to Jackpot ;)
camel

im running a mountain bike one from my rear wheel,i take it you have to program in the diameter of the magnets..i would imagine it may be difficult to calibrate your diam being such a small diameter,and any error would be greatly magnified...but im sure its possible...fab idea tho and looks very neat..hope it works
shocky

camel wrote:im running a mountain bike one from my rear wheel,i take it you have to program in the diameter of the magnets..i would imagine it may be difficult to calibrate your diam being such a small diameter,and any error would be greatly magnified...but im sure its possible...fab idea tho and looks very neat..hope it works
the diameter would be the rolling road diameter of the tyre not the speedo drive were the magnet is mounted a bit like the way final drive is worked out on a gear box
We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm
camel

very true....my mistake :oops:
CANbus

Great idea Jason, are you able to advise about mounting of the display in the head set, how you do it? What's the visibility of the display like in sunlight, and darkness?
11111111 = 0xFF
twin

yes i allso wud like to no how u mounted yours,and the frame its set into,
it looks spot on,i must say
sugarlump

I just did the same on a px disc hub this weekend, great minds etc :D . Great thing is it removes the problem of the magnet moving with suspension compression. Tapped the speedo drive holding plate (bloody imperial 7/16 thread though) and drilled the worm drive for the magnet too. Works with me spinning it so far - 7mph!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information