barlow stage four set ups

Anything related to Vespas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
drunkmunkey6969
Main scooter: '69 Lambretta GP

H,POOL GADGE wrote:-.-- --- ..- .-- . .-.. .-.. --- ...- . .-. -.. ..- . .- ...- .. ... .. - -.-- --- ..- -. --. -- .- -. -.-. .... . . -.- -.-- .-.-.- .-.-.- .-.-.- laughing at an old man and his decimal points! work that out then......

YOU WELL OVERDUE A VISIT CHEEKY YOUNG MAN ...
See our YouTube scooter channel for Tech-help: https://www.youtube.com/c/TheScooterFactory/videos
drunkmunkey6969
Main scooter: '69 Lambretta GP

Muttley McLadd wrote:-. --- - ... . . -. - .... .- - ..-. --- .-. .- .-- .... .. .-.. .

.. - ... --- ..- -. -.. .. -.. .. ..-. ..-. . .-. . -. - .-- .... . -. .. - .. ... .-- .-. .. - - . -. -.. --- .-- -.
NOT SEEN THAT FOR A WHILE.

IT SOUNDS DIFFERENT WHEN IT IS WRITTEN DOWN.

--. .- -.. --. . -.-- --- ..- -.-. .-. .- --.. -.-- ..-. --- --- .-..

:D
See our YouTube scooter channel for Tech-help: https://www.youtube.com/c/TheScooterFactory/videos
OzOAP
Main scooter: Vespa PTS1E

C*NTSPEED wrote:well folks what set ups are you running ie main jet and pipe also the timing am i right that they run around the 18 deg ?
Dyno'd at Amphetamine Al's, my Rally runs 18 deg, 140 air, BE3, 122 main with baffel-less Pitone.
rondon
Main scooter: autovespa

ooh baffle-less pitone :D that's eighties tastic
Holly s**t it's got teh rust
Shaunbond

Hi, what exhausts are people running with the Px200 HB Stage 4? Harry recommends Sito + or Simmonini if its the only engine mod. I'd like a change though, maybe a right hand side Revolver but not sure if it'll be too peaky.
Serial scooter rider...
VMSC Committed to Scootering for 25 years
goldeneye

after the shite at skeg with a flat tyre that took 6 hours off my life on my Runner, i"m binning the auto thing (3 runners and a couple of other types, and i always end up going back to a proper Vespa) so i picked up a very cheap P200 disc the other week, and i"m gonna do this, H.B. style stage 4 (stage fower) SIP road pipe, 26mm in the box carb, and T5 4th gear. not be as fast as an auto thing, BUT, you can fix them at the side of the road, are much cheaper to get bits for, and a flat tyre is a ten minute job! besides that, ive enough standard P200 bits to keep me on the road until i"m 70! :lol:
H,POOL GADGE
Main scooter: vespa polini220/gts 300

welcome back to the past, 2 strokes the future gadge! ye can carry a spare and there's plenty of petrol stations...now there's a thing wagons, cars, vespa's, lambretta's all carry a spare wheel!!! why not an auto...Mmmmmmmm! crack this one and ye minted!!!!
cezeta

Shaunbond wrote:Hi, what exhausts are people running with the Px200 HB Stage 4? Harry recommends Sito + or Simmonini if its the only engine mod. I'd like a change though, maybe a right hand side Revolver but not sure if it'll be too peaky.
sito plus is now lost favour to the sip road or simonini and revolver/rz/jl right hander if an expansion ........from the horses mouth

my ltd experience of vespas is that sub 15bhp a sito or sip road power curve does not increase to match wind resistance so it goes a bit flat at top speed. mate has a cut crank and simonini on a standard barrel and piston and sits with sports bikes on runs at 70 mph

this is worth looking at http://vintagescooters.free.fr/tuning/p ... xhaust.htm
C*NTSPEED
Main scooter: vespa ts 125/200

goldeneye wrote:after the shite at skeg with a flat tyre that took 6 hours off my life on my Runner, i"m binning the auto thing (3 runners and a couple of other types, and i always end up going back to a proper Vespa) so i picked up a very cheap P200 disc the other week, and i"m gonna do this, H.B. style stage 4 (stage fower) SIP road pipe, 26mm in the box carb, and T5 4th gear. not be as fast as an auto thing, BUT, you can fix them at the side of the road, are much cheaper to get bits for, and a flat tyre is a ten minute job! besides that, ive enough standard P200 bits to keep me on the road until i"m 70! :lol:
Id ditch the thought of the 26mm of which is closer to 25mm than 26 anyway and stick wi the 24 standerd si carb
GEMINI S.C.
BLACK WIDDA'S S.C.
goldeneye

C*NTSPEED wrote:
goldeneye wrote:after the shite at skeg with a flat tyre that took 6 hours off my life on my Runner, i"m binning the auto thing (3 runners and a couple of other types, and i always end up going back to a proper Vespa) so i picked up a very cheap P200 disc the other week, and i"m gonna do this, H.B. style stage 4 (stage fower) SIP road pipe, 26mm in the box carb, and T5 4th gear. not be as fast as an auto thing, BUT, you can fix them at the side of the road, are much cheaper to get bits for, and a flat tyre is a ten minute job! besides that, ive enough standard P200 bits to keep me on the road until i"m 70! :lol:
Id ditch the thought of the 26mm of which is closer to 25mm than 26 anyway and stick wi the 24 standerd si carb
i nar what ya mean joe, but ive a 26 carb body kicking about, and a couple of other bits to play with. it"s gonna be a daily driver, so nowt over the top.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information