Bit of a Dilemma. Opinions Sought!

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
TheSeeker

Don't touch it! I love this scooter and it was the inspiration for my own ratty Li S3.

That's why you need to have more than one. A shiny one for polishing and one for knocking about on.

Ben
teamsequipe
Main scooter: GP200E Ron Moss Supertuned !

Had a similar thought earlier this year about my GP125 S Type, after much thought and deliberation I decided to simply have the engine fixed, strip and clean, fix the bent struts etc.... over the coming months. I'll also be adding a hydraulic front disk (original with MB Conversion), replacing the nuts and bolts with stainless, and fitting an MB Clubman, I'm even leaving the legshield holes, and busted runners. I've completely gone off the shiney restored look for something far more practical and enjoyable. The only other thing I might change is the seat, to a dual Snetterton style so I can move around a bit more, and maybe take the Missus over to the Continent sometime.

Like another poster said, it's your scooter, do what you like and do it for yourself :D
Old Lambrettas Never die ..................... they just go Faster !

Ron Moss says "Supertune it !"
Bofs
Main scooter: Zundapp Betta 500

The thought does cross my mind the odd time too Bilko to do mine up all fancy but I`d rather spend the money on the bits that matter rather than have a scoot that you dare`nt park up for fear of anything happening to the immaculate paint.
You have a snazzy one already, I`d leave it as is, with it`s history intact.

Muffspeed....no muff too tuff
Bad Samaritans SC

1957 Zundapp Betta 500 Auto
1966 Motovespa Sprint 210 Polossi
1960 Lambretta Cutdown 205 Project
ove

Its spot on as it is,its what it runs like that counts. As others have said use the money for more important things like :fb:
goldeneye

agree with the "leave it alone" comments. ive a vespa the same, battered, full of stickers, weird accesories (80"s turbo flywheel cover anyone?) and a single saddle seat. had it in various guises for 11 years, and wouldnt part with it. if i got it re-done, it would lose all its character. its only shite once! :lol:
Diablo
Dealer

Absolutely leave as is nothing s**t about it
JoeP
Main scooter: Peugeot S57c 1958

damdam wrote:
Don't touch , let it gain more history with dents,ding and stickers.

same opinion!
Me too, much more individual.
Enough of this modern italian crap ;-)
Muttley McLadd

Muttley McLadd wrote:It's your bike though. Don't listen to what other people tell you to do to it ;)
90% of people are saying leave it.

What colour are you thinking of painting it?
CakeAndArseParty
Bilko
Main scooter: LI150

I was going to do it orange with some minimal black stripes.

But, It has to be said, I already have shineyness in the 250, and the character of what it was would disappear.

I've been going over this for weeks wondering what to do and the last few days have had me really getting bothered with what to do. So, I'm going to rebuild as it is. I'll do a bit of tidying up. Some of the stickers are either ripped or blank, so they can make way for new ones. There's some bare metal where there's been some welding repairs. A tin or two of primer and maybe a red and cream to match to tidy it up and off again.

Thanks for all your opinions and views. I really appreciate it.
Bilko's Oily Blog

Directionally dysfunctional since 1966
sdjohn

Yeah! I was going to say don't spray it but you already made the right call. Don't lose the character on that bad boy.
John Headley
LCUSA #566
San Diego CA
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information