Upgrade Reedvalve TS1

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
Boo

Looking to upgrade a TS1 Reedvalve advice appreciated.What do i go for and where to get one.Cheers.
Lambrettas are for life!
mark

a jimmers one is my fav and you get them of jimmers on here
Boo

Hi Mark, are jimmers a straight swop or is some work needed currently have a standard reedvalve and manifold.Cheers.
Lambrettas are for life!
mark

straight swap and it gives better carb to panel clearance
timexit17
Main scooter: GP 225 Extra S type

I've got one on my TS1 225 with 35tmx and devtour and it's very good.
But then it should be Jimmers built the engine I've got for himself: so he uses his own products: can't say fairer than that!
Knowledge
Dealer
Main scooter: GP

Boo,

Are you wanting to upgrade the reed cage, or the manifold, or maybe both?

Martin
Boo

Hi Martin,looking to replace both will need to fit a 35mm TMX.
Cheers.
Lambrettas are for life!
Mel K

Mines just gone from standard reed valve to Banshee reed valve with an MB manifold. It was good before but is now even better, feels quicker to respond and sounds great. Had to alter the jetting and needle a touch and cut the hole in the panel a bit bigger to allow for Don Kings wig to stick out but that was all. Clearance between frame tube and manifold is much better too.
camel

i went from a flowed std manifold and std reeds with packer to a modified std manifold and v force,personally i think theres a lot of hype and pub talk in this area,you could easily spend £150 on marginal gains to performance if any,scootering did a dyno test many yrs ago comparing std reeds with yam ones....guess what...no difference.....why not leave it alone and buy an agusto unit with the money
Chris CSPE
Dealer

Reed blocks that are used on bikes all use some kind of reed stuffer, it's either part of the inlet rubber or a push fit into the reed block. If the reed block you choose was designed to run with a reed stuffer then try to use it, you could try to mold the manifold to the entrance shape of the reed stuffer instead of opening out the stuffer itself . This maybe some reason why sometimes some reed blocks don't give the performance they should as quite often the stuffer isn't used .
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information