Mugello kits, your opinions?

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
a.j

Planning on getting 'kitted up' mainly to stop heat seizes on long runs & I've read about most available. The 200 mugello looks favourable at a fairly good price. I'm running a 22mm carb & reverse cone clubman, VW tailpipe.

Anyone got one & formed their opinions on 'em?
Bilko
Main scooter: LI150

I'm running a tuned Mugello 225. Have been running it since '05. I'm very happy, although it is an early version, I have heard there's a difference with the newer version. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.
Bilko's Oily Blog

Directionally dysfunctional since 1966
eibargum
Main scooter: Vespa PX210 Polini

Ive got one [200] ive had on 2 engines and to be honest its fairly guttless, but if your only concern is heat siezes then its fine, ive had mine flat out for mile after mile with no trouble at all. What i would say is that if your buying one from new go for the 225 and buy a bigger carb to suit,regards.
a.j

eibargum wrote:Ive got one [200] ive had on 2 engines and to be honest its fairly guttless, but if your only concern is heat siezes then its fine, ive had mine flat out for mile after mile with no trouble at all. What i would say is that if your buying one from new go for the 225 and buy a bigger carb to suit,regards.

Thanks to all that took time to reply.

One Q though, if I upgrade to a 225, will I have to p155 about with a better crank/bearings etc etc?
eibargum
Main scooter: Vespa PX210 Polini

I wouldnt have thought so, they dont produce a great deal of hores power if left standerd, unless of course you know youv got a cheap and nasty crank in. what crank have you got in there, regards.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information