TS1 Ron Moss Ts1

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
shedboy

Hi guys

Is any one ruining a Ts1 with a Ron Moss clubman what gear box are you using.I have li 150 17x46 giving me 4.6 but it is hard work in 4th all right on the strait but struggles into wind ore up hill i am not a small lad 17stone any help would be great
thanks shedboy
bsso78

"Ruining" a TS1 with a Clubman? :lol: :lol:

Sorry mate couldnt resist that one :D
davidblythe

do a straight swap with a LI 125 box to give a ratio of 5.00 on the same sprockets

friend runs the same set up and it does 80mph gps speed
Chris CSPE
Dealer

Look in the 'Dyno graph posting area' there's one there.
Muttley McLadd

A few salads would be cheaper than anything else ;)

Is the barrel untouched? A few hours in the hands of an adult with a dremmel would liberate enough power to pull that gearing.
CakeAndArseParty
tha83
Main scooter: SX 2something

Muttley McLadd wrote:A few salads would be cheaper than anything else ;)

Is the barrel untouched? A few hours in the hands of an adult with a dremmel would liberate enough power to pull that gearing.
I always thought a dremel would be undermatched to the nicasil lining, no? I've used a dremel for case porting and intakes but shy away from the hard stuff.
Muttley McLadd

tha83 wrote:
I always thought a dremel would be undermatched to the nicasil lining, no? I've used a dremel for case porting and intakes but shy away from the hard stuff.
Or the professional equivalent. I've not got mine together yet.. but it was fettled by an adult for a couple of days (mild porting). I'm expecting it to pull 4.6 (or higher) with my clubman on, two up. My previous one pulled it, two up, with a DJ pipe on - and that was a similar tune and a chubby lass.
CakeAndArseParty
willwander

bsso78 wrote:"Ruining" a TS1 with a Clubman? :lol: :lol:

Sorry mate couldnt resist that one :D
grin :lol:
standing mile: 118.6mph
1/4 mile: 14.04 seconds - 93mph
Diablo
Dealer

Yeah have a look in the dyno posts and you'll find Doms TS1. He pulls 4.8 with that and is very happy with it.
I rode it and thought that it was great but wouldn't pull taller than that.
The thing to remember is that the Ron Moss pipes just rev on and on so in my view I think the earlier suggestion of running final drive of 5.0 is good.
BTW I've seen a lot of TS1s on the dyno with expansions on that made less power.
mickdale

shedboy wrote:Hi guys

Is any one ruining a Ts1 with a Ron Moss clubman what gear box are you using.I have li 150 17x46 giving me 4.6 but it is hard work in 4th all right on the strait but struggles into wind ore up hill i am not a small lad 17stone any help would be great
thanks shedboy
yes m8
got 60mm crank and 1.5mm machined from the base

runs i ndian gp with 20/47 (4.7) no worries
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information