Casa Lambretta

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
Fruitjuice

Is it normal for a Casa Lambretta ignition switch to NOT fit a Series 3 Li handlebar?
Or are there different types and do I just haev the wrong one?
I'm guessing they're made for GP and Special headsets which had factory Ignition switches...?
Life shouldn't be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty, well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, loudly proclaiming: "WOW, WHAT A RIDE"
Bilko
Main scooter: LI150

If your talking about the bit inside the headset where there's a couple of bulges either side of where the ingnition is supposed to go, then yes, they need dremmeling out.

I've had to do it.
Bilko's Oily Blog

Directionally dysfunctional since 1966
Fruitjuice

Does anything ever just 'fit'?
Life shouldn't be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty, well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, loudly proclaiming: "WOW, WHAT A RIDE"
DRC86
Main scooter: Cutdown gp.

I know not original looking but scootrs ignition switches fit straight into li bars.and i think they work well.
Muttley McLadd

You must be thinking of motorbike parts, not scooter parts ;)
Fruitjuice wrote:Does anything ever just 'fit'?
CakeAndArseParty
DRC86
Main scooter: Cutdown gp.

Muttley McLadd wrote:You must be thinking of motorbike parts, not scooter parts ;)
Fruitjuice wrote:Does anything ever just 'fit'?
Yeah,theyre yamaha i think,...but they fit li no problem and work for half the price.
Innocenti-71

Original ignition switches just can't fit into a "non-switch-headset" (i.e. Li3) as the diameters of the switch housing and the cut-out buttons are different originally!
The shape is the same and the difference is very small but since it was made by Innocenti it just couldn't be the same.
Sorry, this time we can't blame anybody for the remade parts...
Doom Patrol
Main scooter: Jet 200
Location: Second star on the right and straight on till morning

Innocenti-71 wrote:Original ignition switches just can't fit into a "non-switch-headset" (i.e. Li3) as the diameters of the switch housing and the cut-out buttons are different originally!
The shape is the same and the difference is very small but since it was made by Innocenti it just couldn't be the same.
Interesting. I hadn't thought about it, but it makes sense. I remember seeing a post somewhere - it may have been on here - relating to the Jet 200 ignition switches that were mounted beneath the seat. It's possible you could mount a switch like that without resorting to a Dremel perhaps?
corrado
Dealer
Main scooter: Lambretta GP

How can you have a sentence without both Lambretta and dremmel in it?

The scootrs ones are from Honda, well the ones I've had were.
Bilko
Main scooter: LI150

Innocenti-71 wrote:Original ignition switches just can't fit into a "non-switch-headset" (i.e. Li3) as the diameters of the switch housing and the cut-out buttons are different originally!
I never thought about that before either.

Martin, you forgot to add with the word Loctite with Dremmel
Bilko's Oily Blog

Directionally dysfunctional since 1966
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information