ts1, 30mm mikuni and filter. what manifold ?

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
cezeta

ts1, 30mm mikuni and filter on a rubber elbow. what manifold will allow enough space behind the panels?
jimmers

mine. large number of very happy customers now :D
soulsurfer

cezeta wrote:ts1, 30mm mikuni and filter on a rubber elbow. what manifold will allow enough space behind the panels?
I use the LTH manifold giving maximum clearance as does Jimmers' however you still wouldn't have enough room for a filter on a Series 3 with a TMX30
Turn On, Tune In, Cop out!
cezeta

its going on a series 1 so i have enough space for a rover sdi twin plenhem induction system.

i think we debated the 30/35 options on the lcgb site, i was then convinced to go for the 35mm by a dealer against my better judgment and sadly i was right :roll:

davidblythe has just done it on a tmx 35 on his gp but id rather have the 30mm despite having a brand new 35 already :roll:

what are the dimention differances?
soulsurfer

The TMX30 is 88mm and TMX35 is 74mm deep
Turn On, Tune In, Cop out!
cezeta

cheers, ill have a measure up
cezeta

well having read the controversy of jimmers manifold i thought i would buy his rather than the German one to see what the fuss is all about.

i have to say that i was initially attracted to the german one because it was nice and shiny :oops: but i have come to terms with the fact that my engines are filthy most of the time so Ive started stove enameling parts in satin black which cleans well and looks tidy when dirty. what a jessy eh?

in the back of my mind i expected jimmers manifold to turn up looking like a chewed up toffee (sorry james) but i was pleasantly surprised at the finish. a lot of scooter parts are made in someones shed, jimmers manifold is a professionally made piece of kit.

i have compared it to two mbd ones, the original ts1 manifold, the german one (not mine) and an edelbrock performance manifold from a v8 and i have to say its up there with the best so im chuffed :P

well done jimmers
jimmers

why thankyou kind sir :)

the other rubber should be with you this week

cheers
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information