LD CNC fan club

Have a service, product or something to share with the members of Scooterotica?
les perry
Main scooter: GP 230 TS1

sounds good, but like eden said just to let him post in dealer section
Rich_T
Dealer
Main scooter: Li Special

Well that explains the terrible scuffs, machining marks and finishing.

Looks like an old pattern / copy mill. http://www.zhongyang-engrg.com/products ... achine.htm based on the terrble condition of the slide, bed, vice, collet and machining steps.

In Europe these machines died out with the arrival of CNC centres about 3 decades ago. The reason for this is the cost of making pattrns compared to programming a CNC direct from a CAD model. CNC machines produce exceptionaly high surface finish quality, which you do not see in these pictures at all. The old pattern and copy machines were sold to Far East and have been used to copy parts that you see all over the internet (much to the frustration of OEM manufacturers) who see their parts ripped off in a matter of months.

The important thing is that copy machines are not CNC they use a stylus to follow a pattern and this pattern can be mirrored to produce an opposite hand. All you would need is a pattern, like a SIL flywheel, to use on the copy bed.

Maybe I'm wrong and you've go a very early "matchmaker". Who knows, lets see a pic of the whole machine, control system and all.

Like I said, you have definately milled a fan.
Stokie

I know shite all about engineering but it looks like it'll be a nice little product for the LD owners who want a more reliable ignition set up - assuming it goes up for sale.
I'd agree that it should have been posted in the Dealers section in the first place, I can't understand why there seems to be an objection to that.
scootRS.com
Dealer

>>Looks like an old pattern / copy mill...copy machines are not CNC they use a stylus to follow a pattern

Nope, again.

Jeez, Richard, to quote acceptable posts above, "why dig your hole deeper?" Again, why not ask a friendly question first if curious about something? You were an expert before this thread - but that's a few in a row you've been dead wrong about now. And grumpy about too. Cheer up, we're not worried about your concerns, why are you? :D

>>the terrible scuffs, machining marks and finishing.

That's what you're down to now? :lol: Complaining that a fitting sample has some barely superficial marks on it? We'd ask you to do it but then it would cost $4000 and not rotate any better. :lol:

Eden, it was a sincere question. You said we had many adverts before that you're tired of moving. If you have 1 example of that then we can make sure it doesn't happen again. If not, no problem. (The 1 thread you mention was in the dealer section but you hid it after other people attacked it then you posted a fake message under our name, then replied to it as real, then thought better of that.)

Pretty sad anyone would ever think to ban someone because a few are embarrassed after insulting others and asking for proof that makes them look ridiculous. Who wants a mob mentality and group think?
it looks like it'll be a nice little product for the LD owners who want a more reliable ignition set up - assuming it goes up for sale.
I'd agree that it should have been posted in the Dealers section in the first place, I can't understand why there seems to be an objection to that.
You, good sir, are far too reasonable to be on a scooter forum! :)

If wondering: the CDI kit product is in the dealer section already. This post was not because it is not a product for sale, it is only the proof Le Gang asked for about one piece. Doesn't make sense to move it here, not that it matters at all.

Video currently uploading...
Mag
Main scooter: Carbon GP TS1

Eden, will my post be removed if I point out that Randall is a nob?
red ghost
Xbox live gamer tag: Pleasure Master
Main scooter: lambretta gp150

scootRS.com wrote:

why not ask a friendly question first if curious about something?
I have a couple of times now and you still don't answer..
How come phonetics isn't spelt with an 'f'?

Check out my boobs! <-- <--Just imagine being burried between those puppies!
caspa2006

scootRS.com wrote:Eden, could you show us one post of ours you've moved to the dealer section as an advert before, or moved anywhere? Then we can understand what you mean and make sure it never happens again, as we've never seen one moved before. Announcements we've always put in the dealer section already, same as anyone else, but fewer than others. Cheers.
Why O why keep starting thing's :freak: :freak: post your new ideas & products answer the questions quick
if there is another problem address it quick that’s all EVERYONE is wanting from you, and STOP
bitching and slagging off other members END OFF.

cuz it getting
Vespa made in Italy thrashed in Great Britain
scootRS.com
Dealer

Caspa, your post seems directed at all the people "bitching" on this thread, including Eden.

All we did was post a photo, then the mob went nuts. Then we posted more photos they asked for, and they went nuts again.

Very odd, huh?
scootRS.com
Dealer

ScootRS.com wrote:Few here probably care much about LDs but the guys in the shop have the CNC fan done to finish off our upcoming Lambretta LD CDI (electronic ignition) kit.
Then the mob attacked:
Rich_T wrote:I guess they still haven't told you the plan 'cause that does not look like CNC to me.
every 8th fin you can see a concave face between the fin roots (not possible without 5 axis and I see not "step over" witness marks either).
SO, are we really to believe that this is a fully CNC machined fan? OR is it an original fan that has been pickled or electro-polished and cleaned up ready to make a copy tool from?
It's far better to be straight with your buying public.
Eden wrote:Your reply above suggests you just dont know what your talking about.
I trust in [Rich's] judgment as to whether that fan is CNC or not!
sydducket wrote:I think he is fibbing and using the wager ploy as a way of backing out
coaster wrote:it is obvious to anyone that the flywheel is a cast item which had been cleaned up on a lathe.
drunkmunkey6969 wrote:Two sides to every story. im reluctant to cave in to requests to ban. i feel i'd be bowing to lynch mob mentality. i always like to give everyone a free reign to respond.

i will offer not $1000 but only £50 from my personal pocket if he can show us a small batch of say 2 or 3 of these lovely flywheels being CNCd. That way everyone is a winner (except me...i lose £50).

In the meantime, anyone that wants to buy one of these lovely flywheel kits can see them on the ScootRS site.
ScootRS.com wrote:A moderator is a referee, not a partisan, and you, sir, are an example of a great moderator to everyone running a forum!

We accept and will post a video, hopefully tomorrow or the next. The item takes a long time to make, but we'll film a bit of making one. Later we'll have more done for our CDI kits.

Proceeds will go to a charity of the winner's choosing.
Et voila, a CNC milled fan exactly as said. If anyone insanely still has doubts and wants to request more proof, it only costs £50 to play:

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information