200 engine in a series 2??

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
smoore-gt225
Main scooter: lambretta GT200

hi if i wanted to put a 200 engine in a series 2, is it a direct fit all bar the kickstart.
and will a series 2 kickstart go on the series 3 casing
i hope somebody knows what i mean
cheers in advance steve
J1MS

Yes it pretty much is but the series 2 kickstart will most likely miss the rubber stop.

I fitted the series 2side case to mine and opened out the stud holes and carefully milled out the alloy around the studs on the side case to take a Taffspeed exhaust bracket. The casing looks as it should but the larger 8mm studs and exhaust bracket now fit as if standard

You would have to modify the end plate if it's a GP case or remove the LI ramp that holds the kickstart shaft.
22/2

I've got a 200 in my series 2, it's quite simple.

You'll need to change the chain case if you want it to look correct, fit a series 2 chain case and kickstart but doing this will mean you need to change the clutch centre as the operation on series 2 is different to the GP bronze thrust bearing. All the pther bits in the clutch are OK to use.

Rich
smoore-gt225
Main scooter: lambretta GT200

hi thanks for replies so if i put on a series 2 chaincase does a jl3 exhaust bracket fit on or will i have to drill out the holes
cheers steve
onefortheroad
Main scooter: Li125 series 2

You may need a wider engine bolt depending on what mounts you will be/ have been using.
J1MS

smoore-gt225 wrote:hi thanks for replies so if i put on a series 2 chaincase does a jl3 exhaust bracket fit on or will i have to drill out the holes
cheers steve
You will have to open out the holes to take 8mm studs & remove some alloy from the sidecase to fit the bracket for the JL exhaust.
Supereibar

You can also use a TV Spanish Kickstart Lever. That was made with precisely that very purpose.

J.
J1MS

You will need to fit an LI/SX clutch bell as you can't fit a brass plunger for the GP clutch bell to the LI side case, only the GP side case has this to my knowledge.

but other than what's been mentioned in the thread so far I think that's about it...

Best of luck,

Mark...
RICSPEED

or ..........weld/alter the tab on a series 2 lever to reach the stop on a gp side case :smug:
Its in bits scooter club: www.facebook.com/groups/132415046859320
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information