laquering over graphics

Anything related to paint & bodywork issues on scooters....
camel

id like to apply some graphics to my scoot prior to laquering,are their any tips for my painter for doing this process
many thanks
soulsurfer

You need fine scotch pad the entire surface, apply the sticker using a water spray, leave it for a couple of days, a warm environment would be good, to let all the air and moisture out and then lacquer over. This is how mine was done.
Turn On, Tune In, Cop out!
RICSPEED

are you referring to water slide ...or sticky backed???
Its in bits scooter club: www.facebook.com/groups/132415046859320
WINTERMODEL150
Main scooter: lambretta ld auto

i use grey scotch all over use panel wipe to degrease, then use a tack rag to lift all the fine particals from the panel,personally i put mine on dry using a plastic spreader then you can paint over straight away.

Dean
mr series 2
Main scooter: LI 150 Ser 2

camel wrote:id like to apply some graphics to my scoot prior to laquering,are their any tips for my painter for doing this process
many thanks
I did a honda tank by putting the colour on followed by 2 coats of laquer I let the laquer dry then grey scotched it then applied the honda wings wet this allows you to move and position the stickers when in position smooth out the water from under the stickers with a soft plastic spreader this way you dont get dont get air bubbles then clean of with pre clean then carry on laqureing
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information