Tubeless rims in the UK?

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
stafford

well up to now ,ive had no probs with em they are a good bit of kit
soulsurfer

wack 63 wrote:Received mine today and checked to see how they fitted on an Innocenti rear hub and was surprised that the rim doesn't sit nicely on the hub like a good set of rims would as there is a gap of a few mm .So it appears to me that all the force will be on the studs as these along with the shoulder on the nuts are the only things that centralise the rim.play. Not very wide either so can't imagine 100/90's fitting as it says on the box to use 350's.
Yeah, I noticed this, but together with it being snug at the back and that not all split rims fitted perferctly here anyway, I'm not sure that it makes a lot of difference or not :?
I guess this is what you mean though...
The rims are the same width as standard rims, 2.1", 100/90 won't be a problem. The ScootRS were wider @ 2.5", a little known fact that caused tyre rubbing issues, certainly in my case.
As far as the integrity we mustn't forget that this type of wheel has been fitted to Vespas for some time now and I've not heard of any issues.
Turn On, Tune In, Cop out!
stafford

ive put these on my chopper (future shock), if outs gonna test them this bike is, its a long reach over that tank and with forks that weigh a ton anyway, got no issues at all with them on that bike at the mo
mark

I have one on way for my dac rear wheel, expectations are high
joeswoonara
Main scooter: jet ts1

and how easy was it to fit the tyres ? were they fitted with a machine or has anyone fitted them at home with levers ?
never squat down when wearing spurs !!
hydra
Dealer

Had my wheels a couple of days, bought from Chiselspeed last week. Had the 3.50 x 10 tyres fitted at Ron Daleys in Barnsley, they used machine to fit, but stalled at last 6 inches and finished off with tyre levers with not much effort. I too am a little concerned with the gap between the lugs on the wheel and the Hub, surely the original design was intended as the drive method and not the studs.
wack 63
Main scooter: '71 GP TS1

Soulsurfer,that's what I was on about .It just seems strange that the centre of the rim is larger than a hub when genuine rims sit tight supporting the rim all the way around.I wonder if the rim can be welded then machined to fit tighter? mainly for peace of mind.
RICSPEED

as i said this was my major gripe with the steel wide rims from af ...there must be some variation between hubs as my innocenti gp one had this problem so i expect i will have the same issue with these :(
Its in bits scooter club: www.facebook.com/groups/132415046859320
Andy Pickering
Main scooter: GP

Looking back at Soulsurfers pics I reckon theres not much chance fitting wide rim version to the front with a hydraulic caliper (if you wanted to of course)Image

and will be interesting to see the gap at the rear with wide version if using 100/90 racemans..??? maybe we will need to use MBs spacer (if using wide version)..???
Ricspeed, gone but never forgotten RIP my friend #59
soulsurfer

Andy, I wouldn't even fit that standard rim to that hub, but it isn't a common hub setup anyway.
Turn On, Tune In, Cop out!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information