PHBH Spray/Atomiser tubes

Check here for a list of various carb set-ups to help with jetting and all aspects of carb trickery!
CT.

I bought a PHBH28 recently which was said to be off an NSR 125. In fact the code on the casting checks out (PHBH 28 FD).

See: http://www.dellorto.co.uk/merchandise/p ... ctionID=20

The atomizer fitted (268eb & needle x84 - look really rich) is longer than the the av264 & av266 + x7 needle which I wanted to try on my Suzuki 190. It looks like the problem could lie in the casting itself with the stepped lip where the atomiser is seated which will not allow the av atomisers to reach up far enough to thread into the brass tube.

I'm thinking that there are maybe a few options here:

1/ buy another carb - don't want to do this as this one was cheap

2/ drill out the casting slightly to allow the atomiser to sit at the correct height

3/ find another longer type atomiser with similar characteristics as the av's. Would prefer to use what i have tho.

Also the tube which the atomiser screws up into does not have that 'C' shape when looking down at it from above. Was it just the some that have this? I'm sure this is a 2 stroke carb due to the oil feeder on the side, ex NSR, code etc.

Found this on the MB site for converting old 4 stroke carbs, could it help? Think there may still be the casting/atomiser length isuue though

Here some pictures to show what i mean (eb atomiser in spare tube to give idea of seating when in place)

Any ideas or advice appreciated, thanks.
CT.

Anyone? :)
druist

No expert but like my thread you dont seem to be getting much response.

I had one like this and was told it was a 4 stroke one and ending up selling it back on ebay. Though I do remember one type that I had that came off a honda that Martin, aka Knowledge (used to be on LCGB, but i think he is on here too) was able to drill out the atomiser as it was stuck and i got it going though not an FS (S meaning left in italian - left - D is right) type. its the F that bothers me - mine was a PHBH BD. I am sure there is a way of changing them over but i have a feeling the circuits are different and there is some work involved.

Ring Eurocarb VE, they will tell you.
Jet200

Admittedly, I have no idea on subject, however, it does sound familiar, in that, I think someone has asked a similar question before.

All I can suggest is to trawl through this and the old 'Scooterotica' forum to see if you can find it there. That or try the 'Dellorto' website. Sorry, that's all I can offer up.
CT.

Thanks for taking the time to reply chaps anyway :) ... I thought someone else would have definitely been down this road and be able to offer a solution.....

I've decided to buy the atomiser mounting tube available on MB's site (costing me more than the carb did - cheap/unknown model carb = false economy, but at least its a learning curve :lol: ) that is compatible with the as & av range of atomisers.

Looking at little closer at the image on their site it does seem that the threads are found lower down in the tube and therefore compensate for the difference in shape of the two different types of atomiser.

BTW Can anyone recomend a good way to reliably but possibly not permanently blank off the the oil feed tube?

Anyway, I will post my findings.

Ta.
Jet200

Good luck :roll: :D
druist

You could try asking Martin (Knowledge) I am sure he answered a similar question to this whilst LCGB a few years back as he bored the middle out of one of these for me as someone had put loctite on the atomiser and main jet :o .
ricalnic
Main scooter: Lambretta GP Monza 225

had similar issue, which I was able to resolve as I had the parts from another carb. you can view my thread here

http://scooterotica.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=2583

hopefully it explains most of the similar issues i faced and the steps i took to resolve.

feel free to pm me.

best regards
CT.

Good thread there ricalnic 8-) , the tips for the removal and fitting procedure will be very helpful as I now have the correct spray tube/atomiser bush /C shaped brass thingy :lol: and should have the chance to have a go at this in the next few days.

Thanks.
CT.

Ok, job done! Drifted out carefully using a little heat then fitted the new part with a small socket and extension - no problems.

Freshly built Suzuki 190 engine sprang into life nicely too :D

Thanks all.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information