Del 20/20 carb problem

Check here for a list of various carb set-ups to help with jetting and all aspects of carb trickery!
Soulstylist

Running a 20/20 dellorto carb, symptoms are , it is running no problem at 1/4 revs upwards and will tick over from cold with choke out,
but when choke is in and as soon as the throttle is dropped to try and tick over, it conks out..
Can someone give me an idea of the actual job of the pilot jet in conjunction with the mainjet and what they may think the problem is.. (pilot jet blocked or goosed?)
Thanks for any input, help or info..
The Kids Are Screaming For That James Brown Style.......
cgt75b
Main scooter: lambretta

Have you tried adjusting the tick over screw ? The big one that sticks out of the carb cover lid ?
Soulstylist

Yeah I did all that, the carb was running great, but it's as if it's running out of petrol at lower revs (tick over and just above), that's why I'm trying to find out the actual working operation of both jets, does the smaller jet run the carb at smaller revs e.g. just a tick over and slightly higher, then does the main jet cut in as the revs open up ?
Cheers
The Kids Are Screaming For That James Brown Style.......
Shaunbond

Serial scooter rider...
VMSC Committed to Scootering for 25 years
Chris in Margate
Main scooter: Lambretta 1964 225 Special

Why not remove it, strip it and clean it through thoroughly. Blow the jets out and reassemble. About an hour to do it all. If you are unsure take pictures on your mobile at each stage.
Does sound like pilot jet circuit is the problem.
mick1
Main scooter: Li Avanti 225

As above ^

Check your fuel flow from the tank as well .......could be a blockage that clears when revved up. Also check fuel filters.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information