Carb setting for Malossi210 MHR

Check here for a list of various carb set-ups to help with jetting and all aspects of carb trickery!
Andy W
Main scooter: GP 186 Imola

I have just fitted a Malossi 210 MHR Race kit to a friends engine, it was already fited with a Malossi reed valve kit and a 30mm PHBHand TSR Revolver exhaust. Current carb settings are as follows;

slide - 40
needle - X7 top clip
Mj - 125
Pilot - 55
Atomiser - AS266
Float valve - 200

Is it in the rough area of where it needs to be, runs ok and rides ok so far but he is taking it easy for the first few miles anyway. once he has a few miles on it i will do a few plug chops to see where we are but any advice would be greatly appreciated.

The ignition is set to "IT" 18 BTDC as per the build instructions.

Cheers Andy
drunkmunkey6969
Main scooter: '69 Lambretta GP

Andy W wrote:I have just fitted a Malossi 210 MHR Race kit to a friends engine, it was already fited with a Malossi reed valve kit and a 30mm PHBHand TSR Revolver exhaust. Current carb settings are as follows;

slide - 40
needle - X7 top clip
Mj - 125
Pilot - 55
Atomiser - AS266
Float valve - 200

Is it in the rough area of where it needs to be, runs ok and rides ok so far but he is taking it easy for the first few miles anyway. once he has a few miles on it i will do a few plug chops to see where we are but any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers Andy
I would start with 55p - 40s - AV266 - X13 (2nd clip) - 130m - 300 FJ and work from there, your settings look too lean all round.
See our YouTube scooter channel for Tech-help: https://www.youtube.com/c/TheScooterFactory/videos
Andy W
Main scooter: GP 186 Imola

Cheers Dan, I will get him to get the bits and change everything to the above and see how we go from there.
Yanker

drunkmunkey6969 wrote:
Andy W wrote:I have just fitted a Malossi 210 MHR Race kit to a friends engine, it was already fited with a Malossi reed valve kit and a 30mm PHBHand TSR Revolver exhaust. Current carb settings are as follows;

slide - 40
needle - X7 top clip
Mj - 125
Pilot - 55
Atomiser - AS266
Float valve - 200

Cheers Andy
I would start with 55p - 40s - AV266 - X13 (2nd clip) - 130m - 300 FJ and work from there, your settings look too lean all round.
Agree, but only a 130 MJ? I mean you guys have the dyno and experience so I will deffer to that, but was expecting 135-138 to be advised for a matched MHR 210. AV264 and X2 might also be relevant?
drunkmunkey6969

Starting point bud, starting point. Main jet is a piece of p155 to dial in, once you have the tricky bits sorted.
See our YouTube scooter channel for Tech-help: https://www.youtube.com/c/TheScooterFactory/videos
Yanker

Yea but 130? Punter might struggle through the tricky mid-range, hit power on wot then.... just surprised that you found that combo to be OK safe starting on 130. EG. My similarly equipped T5 172 came down to and settled on 132 MJ and was unhappy with anything smaller.....s'all I am saying. Cheers
drunkmunkey6969

AV264 is too small. Small atomisers are usually why people end up with big main jets. AV266/268 atomisers are almost necessities these days, needles and main jets slot into place more effectively once these are used. I only ever have to go down to 264 on something like a Stg4 200 with a clubman.
Yanker

I consider myself up-dated :-) (not before time). I did grow-up a bit after that and now have a scooter with a VHSB carb and a DP266 atomizer. This was also built and 'erm' dialled in some years ago. Is the DP266 also now obsolete? What should I repalce it with? Thanks for advice from a cheap/skint/oldskool git. :-)
drunkmunkey6969

Nothing is obsolete.....it all gets recycled with time. If it's working for you, keep on with it ;)
Yanker

Yeah but Dan, the 'seat of the pants' 'method' just gets harder if you suffer from them as i do. SHey-Ho, suppose I'll just have to dial-in my PWK 33mm the old way then..........
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information