Its air filter time!!

Check here for a list of various carb set-ups to help with jetting and all aspects of carb trickery!
kevspeed

Hi all,ive always run open carbs on anything tuned,have done since the eighties,never had a problem,except for 5 miles out of Tenby in 2005,when one of the sidepanel grill fixing plates got swallowed by my 30 Dellorto,resulting in one fu**ed TS1!!
Anyway,im just re-vamping my TV200,you know the thing,good clean up/service/tyre pressures/adjustment here and there!,anyway,its been run with an open 30 Dellorto behind a panel with no hole cut in it,so you can imagine the mess,what with the spitback etc.....
Its always run fine,and the mess never really bothered me............until now!
I have aquired a 'Ramair' filter,fitted to a fairly stiff airhose,and would like to use it,if only to keep the frame internals a bit cleaner!
Obviously its going to affect the jetting somewhat!,so what im asking is this.
Roughly how much have you filter users had to reduce your jets by when fitting a 'Ramair' set up?
I understand that all engines are different,and trial and error is the way to go,but i would like to speed up the process a bit.
My jetting was......Main 125,atomizer AV266,Needle X7,Pilot 55,Slide 40.,thanks in advance...........Kev
SpanishSX200

Kev,

I'd be looking at between 10-15% smaller on the main and pilot. You should be ok with the choke jet, atomiser, and slide. You can use the clip on the needle if you need to.

Simon
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information