Ram air filter advice

Check here for a list of various carb set-ups to help with jetting and all aspects of carb trickery!
Angry Bloke

Adam_Winstone wrote:Not upright but you might manage one back towards the rear strut.... might.

Thanks - I borrow one locally and give it a try
Je fettle - Tu fettle - Il fettle - Nous fettleons - Vous fettlez - Ils fettlent

"Broadsword calling Danny boy ,Broadsword calling Danny boy ,over "
Adam_Winstone
Main scooter: Lambretta GP

I wash mine out fairly regularly with hot soap and water (Fairy... for my hands). You can then choose to apply filter oil or not. Whilst filter oil will help to keep out minute particulates that can increase bore wear, I'm more worried about bigger things, sand, grit, etc. so I must admit that I don't bother with filter oil. It is a sliding scale of benefit against paranoia... you choose where you sit on the scale.

Adam
thebassmasta
Main scooter: GP TS1 240

Adam_Winstone wrote:I wash mine out fairly regularly with hot soap and water (Fairy... for my hands). You can then choose to apply filter oil or not. Whilst filter oil will help to keep out minute particulates that can increase bore wear, I'm more worried about bigger things, sand, grit, etc. so I must admit that I don't bother with filter oil. It is a sliding scale of benefit against paranoia... you choose where you sit on the scale.

Adam
Like adam says give it a wash, you dont say which ram air filter you have, is it the tall one or the shorter one, the taller would hold more volume of air surley.
retrorich
Main scooter: sx200 1966

I have a tall ram air. Might try washing it but may give the breath sweet a go. Trev at cam lam rates them highly. It is running slightly rich currently so upgrading to a breath sweet I should not need to alter jetting etc. (hopefully)
cezeta

this guy knows his game https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid ... =3&theater

i used a jimmers manifold and machined it back further to get better clearance, not mine in the picture but this is how it sits

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information