sil 200 with jetex and jl3 exhaust

Check here for a list of various carb set-ups to help with jetting and all aspects of carb trickery!
spannerman

need a bit of advice on set up,mates blown his scoot ,not checked yet but poss hole in piston ,hes running SIL 200 barrel with 22mm jetex and JL exhaust,think this is wrong .was ok while running in coz he would not have got on main jet very often.He decided to open up and give it a fistful once run in without getting it set up.I think he needs a bigger carb. any tips please :bouncyeng:
mark

whats the jetting?
spannerman

mark wrote:whats the jetting?

I think its around 120/125 main,more interested in wether exhaust is ok to use,I think not myself
mark

i would run a 128 to start with, any exhaust can be dialled in to any carb with the right jetting
spannerman

mark wrote:i would run a 128 to start with, any exhaust can be dialled in to any carb with the right jetting
It was advised for him to get a bigger main jet as soon as possible but it looks like he didn,t bother. now its dropped on my doorstep to repair. cheers :)
mickdale

spannerman wrote:
mark wrote:whats the jetting?

I think its around 120/125 main,more interested in wether exhaust is ok to use,I think not myself

why not use a jl3?

would have thought a 125 main would be ok - ran a 118 main on an indian big bore for a very long time and was thrashed to within an inch of its life

only my personal opinion though
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information