Lambretta Carb Questions.....

Check here for a list of various carb set-ups to help with jetting and all aspects of carb trickery!
ScooterLoopyJohn
Dealer
Main scooter: 1970 GP 195cc A/F s'type

Mate asked me about his TV175 series 3 engine which he had blown up.He needed a new top end. He had allready had a new GP crank fitted (107 rod). He was adamant on retaining the TV/SX box. Spec we came up with was 185 SR style barrel kit, ports cleaned and matched by Geff Stevens (allstyles), Li 125 head reprofiled to a centre bowl and matched to the piston crown (by ME) Comp set at 8-1 and squish set at 1.1mm, 42mm A/F exhaust, ign set at 18 deg btdc, Milkuni TM24 air hose and airbox but no filter. 5N13 needle 2nd clip down, 20 pilot, 160 main jet. Ran smooth and pulled the box well, after a test ride he had as big grin on his face. would recomend this as a set up if you want a long life no fuss engine.
spannerman

need a bit of advice on set up,mates blown his scoot ,not checked yet but poss hole in piston ,hes running SIL 200 barrel with 22mm jetex and JL exhaust,think this is wrong .was ok while running in coz he would not have got on main jet very often.He decided to open up and give it a fistful once run in without getting it set up.I think he needs a bigger carb. any tips please :)
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information