PX200 Cylinder

Anything related to Vespas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
Hotdog

What do the stamp marks on Piaggio 200 cylinders mean (F 1 & F 2) is there any difference in the cylinders ?
gaz_powell

I don't know but Im interested..
Hotdog

Just found this on Wasp Performance website -
Standard size genuine Piaggio pistons for Vespa P200E and PX200E are graded. The cylinder is honed, then measured in the Piaggio factory and given a specific piston grade equivalent to the measurement. The grade is stamped on the cylinder. Unless the cylinder is very low mileage the grade can be ignored to within a few sizes but a lower grade piston shouldn't be used than stamped on the cylinder.
jonzo172

Hotdog wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2021 9:47 pm Just found this on Wasp Performance website -
Standard size genuine Piaggio pistons for Vespa P200E and PX200E are graded. The cylinder is honed, then measured in the Piaggio factory and given a specific piston grade equivalent to the measurement. The grade is stamped on the cylinder. Unless the cylinder is very low mileage the grade can be ignored to within a few sizes but a lower grade piston shouldn't be used than stamped on the cylinder.
Dave's at Wasp's knowledge on all things Vespa is absolutely second to none and his customer service is fantastic. Really lucky to have a shop like this so close to where I live.
gaz_powell

Agreed, my first choice for P2 stuff.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information