P200e shifting mechanism

Anything related to Vespas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
railfancwb

Been having trouble shifting my P200e. While pestering it one of the cable ends came off at the handle bar.

Decided to replace both inner cables. No go. Neither could be pulled out. Then tried to replace the set. The outer cable housings wouldn’t budge either.

So... How do I remove these housings with their inners and replace them?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
gaz_powell

If the outers are still in place and in decent nick, just look to replace the inners.
Often the inner won't pull through the outer due to kinks formed in the inner at the engine end.
Cut off the barrel at headset end and pull back over from engine end
Then insert the new from the headset end.

P Range gear cables were clipped together inside the chassis and can be a pain to get out to make life easy its best to take hornasting off, break pedal and tank out for access.

Clutch and throttle outers can be changed by leaving the inner in place and pulling back the outer, then push the new outer down the inner (acting as a guide)

It definitely easier with tank, break and horncasing removed so you feed it the correct route in the various stages headset down steering column, steering column passing brake /freame tunnel, tunnel out of frame.

Usually a bit of swearing gets you there eventually

Hope that makes sense and helps
railfancwb

Had to pay a professional two-wheel mechanic. He got the old outers/inners out and replaced. Said heat from the exhaust had fused outers and inners into one big lump.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information