VMC 177

Anything related to Vespas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
brynt
Main scooter: Vespa125TS

Hi,

I have a Px125 engine that I would like to get a little more performance from, has anyone any experience with the VMC 177 kit?

I am think of using it with a si24, polini box exhasut and a banded cosa clutch. Does that sound good?

cheers

Pete
gaz_powell

Didn't know anything about these kits but they look decent, one is entry level cast iron then an alloy/nicosil
I would expect similar performance to a polini or DR, without casing porting work.
I would nt worry about about banding the clutch ( what years is year bike, as it maybe cosa type already which will be adaquate.
I would use the standard carb upjetted before you try a 24mm.
Fit a fast flow tap and there are some simple float bowl alterations which will help.
I've not used the polini box pipe (only SIP R2 and now 3), I was toying with one as read good things but went SIP R3

It will give definaytely give you a bit more, you may need to change the gearing.

Good luck and keep us update
brynt

It's from 1987, it has the old 6 spring clutch, so worth replacing with a cosa clutch but no need for a banded basket. I'm happy to alter the standard carb and spend the money on a fastflow tap. I'm interested in what you think for gearing, I was thinking 22 clutch with the 68 primary?
Muttley McLadd

Are you taking the whole thing to bits? It would benefit from matching it all up.
CakeAndArseParty
brynt

The engine is not in the scooter so I intend to do a complete rebuild.
tony172
Main scooter: vespa t5

22 clutch might be overkill, go 21
brynt

ok thank you
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information