bit of vespa time

Anything related to Vespas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
gaz_powell

P2 treat time today.....
Had my Autisa 200 top end rebored (already had a tweek by Chiselspeed). I modified a SIP GS piston to match and fitted it today with a SIP Road 3 (previously used a SIP Performer, then went to a SIP R2 - the R2 lost a bit of the top end of the big performer but made it a more torquey and pleasurable ride)
Early little test (still to be ran in) is promising can definitely feel an improvement over the R2.
Cut crank, T5 4th gear, Cosa clutch, 26mm carb with bottom end work.

Hopefully get some miles done......soon??
gaz_powell

Should of said - the fit of of the R3 was better than the R2
cgt75b
Main scooter: lambretta

Is the road 2 for sale?
gaz_powell

No mate, it'll go on spare shelf, I'm working on a P2 motor at minute. It will likely go with that.....looking for a chassis !
Got a bit of work on this project motor.... Casing/swing arm had been cut to fit in a PK frame, broken main bearing retainer, snapped back plate screws and a bad sealing pad.
I've sorted the sealing pad with Belzona chemical metal, the bearing retainer has been converted to what piaggio did on the cross over P range (studs and plates). Drilling the broken screws out tomorrow. I've just had some ali tube turned to weld onto the casing to get it dimensionally correct, ready for mounts. I've flowed the inlet and matched carb and box and cut a crank for increased inlet timing.Top end will be something from the parts cupd !
Ginch
Main scooter: Vespa 150 Super

gaz_powell wrote: Sat May 09, 2020 6:17 pm ...the bearing retainer has been converted to what piaggio did on the cross over P range (studs and plates)...
Hi Gaz, how did you do this? I've often looked at that system and wondered about it. Any pictures? Cheers.
gaz_powell

Hi I can't do photo on here but pm your email and I'll send some.
It's a case of drilling and tapping a 7mm thread into the casing to take a 7mm studs, then make a plate that goes over the bearing edge, then a tab washer (I used a lambretta chain guide one cut in half to give 2 washers) and a slim lambretta end plate nut. Locktite the stud and nut.
I made everything but I think Sip sell the original parts to do it.
Cheap way to salvage casings.
Years ago I would have thrown them away as scrap but worth the effort. The swing arm repair cost 7£ for the tube, the bearing seat repair nothing as I had everything and the inlet repair nothing as I got a sample direct from Belzona.
If the Belzona doesn't work I've made a reed valve block from an LML one to sit under carb box
gaz_powell

Had a flywheel cowl lug missing as well, Ali welded it, shaped it and drill/tapped, all good now
gaz_powell

Finally finished my project 200 motor.
After all the repairs it was rebuilt with ;
New engine mounts,
7 spring standard clutch with new surflex plates and springs.
Early 200 g/b with MEC cruciform, all shimmed up, balanced Mazz crank, cush drive rebuilt, new bearings, full rubber blue corteco drive side seal (yamabonded in).
Topped off with 67.3 Autisa barrel and genuine Piaggio piston (done 150miles since rebore). Head was a skimmed one I had lying around, brought back to correct height with an Ali spacer.
Be a nice touring motor, got a SIP R2 to go with it
Just need to find a chassis to put in, cut down might be fun!!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information