Brake Light Only On When Brakes Fully On

Anything related to Vespas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
pooliepfr
Main scooter: Vespa PX 125

Hi, my brake light only seems to come on when my lever is fully pulled in and when my pedal is fully pressed down.
Any ideas on how to correct this please?

Thanks.
gaz_powell

I would just check the general condition and contact cleanliness of the switches.
The one on the front brake is worked by the MC plunger and switch on the underside of headset, strip the switch and clean it.
The back brake means stripping the pedal out. It may require a new switch. Slacken the back brake cable off, undo the 3 bolts off the pedal then drop it from the frame. The switch is a blue or grey plastic box bolted to the pedal. Strip it out and check condition then clean.
pooliepfr
Main scooter: Vespa PX 125

gaz_powell wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 8:54 am I would just check the general condition and contact cleanliness of the switches.
The one on the front brake is worked by the MC plunger and switch on the underside of headset, strip the switch and clean it.
The back brake means stripping the pedal out. It may require a new switch. Slacken the back brake cable off, undo the 3 bolts off the pedal then drop it from the frame. The switch is a blue or grey plastic box bolted to the pedal. Strip it out and check condition then clean.
Great, thanks Gaz. I think i should be able to manage those two tasks.
Lambretta67
Main scooter: Lambretta L.I. 200 special

WD40 works wonders on brake light switches
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information