Padlocking Back Brake Pedal

Anything related to Vespas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
pooliepfr
Main scooter: Vespa PX 125

Hi all, just read about the genius hack of locking the back brake on using a padlock under the pedal.
Does anyone else do this and if so what size padlock are you using?

Big thanks,
Simon
Muppet
Main scooter: SX 150 running in

your scoot fits in a van no padlock will keep it safe; a tracker and alarm are the best things
C’est la vie
pooliepfr
Main scooter: Vespa PX 125

Muppet wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 5:03 pm your scoot fits in a van no padlock will keep it safe; a tracker and alarm are the best things
I have an alarmed disc lock on the front, but for a few quid i can at least stop them lifting the front end and wheeling it away if the back brake is on too.
paul d
Main scooter: T5 172 Tv 240

I use an alarmed padlock on the brake pedal when I'm camping. It doesn't operate the back break completely but it makes a racket if disturbed.......
wrecklessrobbie
Main scooter: li150

I have noticed recently on Faceache a few posts about stolen scooters.
If memory serves me they have been in the Yorkshire region.
Multiple scooters taken in garage break ins.
Sad for the scooter owners.
I have also seen a CCTV video were a scooter was parked in someone's work carpark. A van pulled up three C Units jumped out and lifted it into a van and drove off with it.

When i go out on one of my scooters i have a big long chain and padlock. I try to lock it through the forks or round the footwell onto a fixed object, lampost , metal fence etc.
Its a good idea to fit an earth anchor in your shed/ garage and go round the foot well with a chain and padlock connected to the earth anchor.
An alarmed shed/garage is also a good idea.

Robbie
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information