How to change PX back wheel.

Anything related to Vespas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
pooliepfr
Main scooter: Vespa PX 125

Woke up to a flat back tyre this morning. I have a spare ready to go on, but how do I get the back wheel off the ground to change it?
Can I just lie the scooter on its side?
tony172
Main scooter: vespa t5

I always just plop it on its side, but only because i have a sidestand. With a centerstand if probably prop the back up with something.
Only problem I've had is when the tanks full it leaks out the top
Shaunbond

Put something under the gear selector to prop it up. You should have enough room to get the flat out and new one in this way. There can be a knack to getting an inflated wheel and tyre on. Kind of roll it in rather than just trying to force it. Some tyres are wider than others so depends on what you have
Serial scooter rider...
VMSC Committed to Scootering for 25 years
pooliepfr
Main scooter: Vespa PX 125

Took off both side panels, battery and holder and mud guard and got a scissor jack under the gear selector and it was a doddle. Thanks for the tips.
ducksta

Put a small block of wood under the right hand side stand leg, undo the rear hub big nut off split pin etc then lean it over to the right and it will all come off easy with out fouling the frame then take wheel off fit new and reverse process.
live life your a long time dead
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information