Baffled x2

Anything related to Vespas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
firekdp

tony172 wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2019 10:37 am Is there a way to light up the flasher warning by earthing something like how you test the fuel sender?
Thanks again
Tony
Sorry for late reply, been on holiday.
If you remove the red wire from the indicator relay and earth it, the indicator in the speedo should light (indicators do not need to be switched on). If it doesn't, the lamp isn't receiving power from the grey (confirm lamp is good first). This will be down to poor continuity at the connector or possibly broken track.
tony172
Main scooter: vespa t5

Oh excellent! Thanks for that handy piece of info! I'll get on that as soon as I get these night shifts out the way 👍
Will report back--thanks again
Tony
tony172
Main scooter: vespa t5

Hi again fellas, I've had another crack at this.
Found a dodgy joint just after the resistor on the pcb, and have now bridged the gap.
This fixed my fuel gauge!
I now have everything working apart from the indicator warning light.
If I can I'll have another look before my mot and update, but if no joy I'll rig up a temporary flasher on my toolbox top as I know the buzzer wires are still there and working.
The only thing puzzling me is that I do appear to have a live grey wire up to the speedo as the fuel light and gauge are fed from it. Any ideas?
Thanks again
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information