Vespa wobble

Anything related to Vespas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
Jacky

Help. Why does my new 946 front wheel wobble so much over 40kms?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
paul d
Main scooter: T5 172 Tv 240

I've never ridden a 946 but things to check;
Tyre bulge or damage.
Buckled front wheel.
Buckled back wheel.
Forks too tight with either overtightened bearings or slightly bent and not turning side to side easily.
Worn bearings causing play in the wheel on the front or back.
Under inflated tyres.
Maybe it's your first scooter? Compared to any motorcycle they all feel wobbly and take time to adjust to!
Best of luck with it!
Jacky

paul d wrote:I've never ridden a 946 but things to check;
Tyre bulge or damage.
Buckled front wheel.
Buckled back wheel.
Forks too tight with either overtightened bearings or slightly bent and not turning side to side easily.
Worn bearings causing play in the wheel on the front or back.
Under inflated tyres.
Maybe it's your first scooter? Compared to any motorcycle they all feel wobbly and take time to adjust to!
Best of luck with it!
Great. Thanks for your help. Yes I have had jap sport bikes before so it may be that. I have taken it back to the shop and they pulled the front apart and reassembled. Couldn’t find fault. It actually feels like it needs more weight on the front to me. Maybe a bag of spuds !!

paul d
Main scooter: T5 172 Tv 240

Small wheels and quick steering geometry make scooters very agile in town but on the open road handling gets interesting to say the least! Even after years of scooter riding it still takes me time to adjust after riding a motorcycle. I hope you stick with it!
Jacky

paul d wrote:Small wheels and quick steering geometry make scooters very agile in town but on the open road handling gets interesting to say the least! Even after years of scooter riding it still takes me time to adjust after riding a motorcycle. I hope you stick with it!
Lol. Thanks for your input. Will do.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information