Legshield spare carrier

Anything related to Vespas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
3narf
Main scooter: 1966 Vespa 150 standard (VBB2T

Hi

I just bought a spare wheel carrier (the type that bolts to the spine and carries the spare flat against the legshields) and it needs two mounting points on the spine.

I assume I need some threaded inserts - if anyone has fitted one of these, what did you use?

Thx
gaz_powell

What model is It ? Older small frames had nuts welded inside the frame with caps over them.

Obviously yours hasn't or you wouldn't be asking.

If i were doing it id just use a riv nut, (m8) you should install them with a special tool but you can do a cheat, have a look on YouTube.

Easy job, good look.
3narf

Thanks. It's a VBB2T 'curry burner.' I'd just about come to the conclusion I'd buy the tool for the nutserts, but I guess just tightening bolts into them would pull them in... Actually, I think I have a similar tool for plasterboard inserts, maybe that would work!
gaz_powell

Did you get sorted ?
3narf

gaz_powell wrote: Tue Feb 26, 2019 8:55 pm Did you get sorted ?
Hi mate

Not yet, it's quite far down the list of priorities (starting with the weak gearchange detent and the speedo drive which keeps shearing)!

I need to buy some rims first as well. When I actually do the job I'll take measurements and pics for future ref.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information