Malossi 221 MHR exhaust

Anything related to Vespas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
mick1
Main scooter: Li Avanti 225

Hi

Anyone using the MHR 221 kit, if so what exhaust are you using and with what results.

Thanx
cartmel808
Main scooter: 1975 Vespa Rally 200 Femsa

I used a Scooter & Service pipe on my 221 mhr with very good results... 31hp & 23lb/ft.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=nSH-JWEqxUU

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
cgt75b
Main scooter: lambretta

Nice! I was hoping for some footage of it garn upt road, what's it like to ride power/delivery?

Cheers Cgt75b
cartmel808

cgt75b wrote:Nice! I was hoping for some footage of it garn upt road, what's it like to ride power/delivery?

Cheers Cgt75b
It was very quick Patrick & good fun (in small doses)... power delivery isn’t subtle with the MHR kits and this one came on pipe with a proper ‘kick up the arse’... It did have sufficient bottom end grunt to allow you to ride it ‘off pipe’ through town - but it was only ever really happy in the power @ WOT.
I no longer own that scooter & sold it on last year.

mick1

I'm putting the MHR kit on a Lambretta (not a 5 minute job !!) and was wondering whether to modify a Vespa exhaust suited for the kit (as shown in video), alter a Lambretta exhaust or build a new one.

The cost puts me off modifying a Pipe &Service exhaust and the same can be said for a Lambretta exhaust. Unless something cheap crops up i'll have a go at building a bespoke one.
cartmel808

mick1 wrote:I'm putting the MHR kit on a Lambretta (not a 5 minute job !!) and was wondering whether to modify a Vespa exhaust suited for the kit (as shown in video), alter a Lambretta exhaust or build a new one.

The cost puts me off modifying a Pipe &Service exhaust and the same can be said for a Lambretta exhaust. Unless something cheap crops up i'll have a go at building a bespoke one.
Ah right... you could try Mick Abbey, he builds bespoke pipes for 2strokes.

mick1

I live in York and have been to Mick Abbey's for a dyno session, so it's looking a good option.

Thanks for input.
225worb
Main scooter: Vespa 225, Falc , 230 S2

I have been running a handmade one off pipe on all my malossi cylinders for many years ( the exhaust is 30 + years old) and it worked really well but of course as the mhr came out and v force reeds etc etc tech changed and thought that the pipe needed changing to something more up to date, I've had a scooter and service pipe made to the same routing (up inside the panel as my old pipe and it works with a lot more grunt sounds the nuts and looks pretty sweet too..
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information