PX / Cosa

Anything related to Vespas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
rosscla
Main scooter: Lambretta

Am working on a deal for a Cosa - how much of the engine internals are interchangeable with P / PX range?
"Our dilemma is that we hate change and love it at the same time; what we really want is for things to remain the same but get better."
Fruitjuice

Almost all, but do keep in mind the Primary gears on a Cosa have a slighlty different ratio than on a PX.
And a Cosa-clutch will not be a straight fit in early P/PX125 clutch covers due to a strngthening ridge that can be removed.
Life shouldn't be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty, well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, loudly proclaiming: "WOW, WHAT A RIDE"
rosscla
Main scooter: Lambretta

As I understand it the casings are there but no internals - I have a PX motor I was planning to use as a donor for the gearbox / crank etc. Good to know I can use most of it.
"Our dilemma is that we hate change and love it at the same time; what we really want is for things to remain the same but get better."
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information