P200e issue!

Anything related to Vespas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
Martin20
Main scooter: Lambretta LI 150 Special

Spaniard wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 10:39 pm As you can see , there is a rubber protection hose over that tube with spade connection , just pull it free and put your wire thru it
Brilliant. Thanks for the pics.
Going 'back in' this morning, will report back later!
Martin20

All sorted now. Thanks to all who contributed to both issues.👍
ricalnic
Main scooter: Lambretta GP Monza 225

Excellent, great stuff, especially when we get a thread through to conclusion and feedback.
You’ll be looking forward to resolving your next issue, before you know it you’ll be sharing pics of a full resto :0)

Well done
Martin20

ricalnic wrote: Fri Nov 02, 2018 1:25 pm Excellent, great stuff, especially when we get a thread through to conclusion and feedback.
You’ll be looking forward to resolving your next issue, before you know it you’ll be sharing pics of a full resto :0)

Well done
Ha..funny you should say that!!! :D
Martin20

Bloody editing time! Was going to put that I am considering restoring scoot back to its former glory. Will certainly post pics if I do.
eibargum
Main scooter: Vespa PX210 Polini

Martin, did you get to the bottom of this.
johnny650
Main scooter: lambretta 64 li 150 Special

:hey Martin I didn't know you were in touch with the dark side lol :lol:

If you haven't solved this yet one........ thing test comes to mind that might be worth doing.

If you ride at 50mph steady speed with a wide open throttle and then back the throttle off ever so slightly like about 1/8th throttle and note the change in engine note and performance .

if the engine hesitates slightly then pulls strongly it indicates that your WOT mixture is too lean and you need to increase the size of your main jet.
if the engine just bogs and there is no sign of any improvement then that would suggest a over rich mixture .....which would be borne out by your spark plug .

Let us know what the result is
johnny650
Main scooter: lambretta 64 li 150 Special

oops ...just noticed that there was a second page to this thread. (Wish to hell there was a 30 second editing time on this forum to correct simple errors and omissions etc.)

glad to hear that it is all fixed now anyway ;)
Martin20

eibargum wrote: Wed Nov 07, 2018 10:45 am Martin, did you get to the bottom of this.
Yes mate, see my update post on page 3. (existing fuel line was 4" too long!)
eibargum
Main scooter: Vespa PX210 Polini

Nice one Martin, its always a good feeling when you find the cause. I only asked because I had a similar problem, I was swopping jets every time I rode it, in the end I changed the HT lead and put a rubber suppresser cap on, bingo, it must have been arking through one or the other when bouncing down the road at around 50mph.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information