P200e issue!

Anything related to Vespas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
johnd
Main scooter: 1970 Dl125

I second everything that paul said and would only add, shouldn't a P200e have a 118 main jet?
Had a rally 200 behaving like this and it turned out to be bits of old foam from the seat partially blocking the fuel tap.
Martin20
Main scooter: Lambretta LI 150 Special

johnd wrote: Thu Oct 18, 2018 11:11 am I second everything that paul said and would only add, shouldn't a P200e have a 118 main jet?
Had a rally 200 behaving like this and it turned out to be bits of old foam from the seat partially blocking the fuel tap.
From all I have read, main jet should be 116, but will give 118 a try, nothing to lose! :)
johnd
Main scooter: 1970 Dl125

116 if it's autolube, 118 if you are mixing the oil yourself.
Check fuel flow from the tank while you are there.
Martin20

:twisted:
johnd wrote: Thu Oct 18, 2018 11:39 am 116 if it's autolube, 118 if you are mixing the oil yourself.
Check fuel flow from the tank while you are there.
Will do.👍
Norrie Bodge
Main scooter: GP-1971-Ts230/S2-1960-Ts230

Martin20 wrote: Wed Oct 17, 2018 9:46 pm
Norrie Bodge wrote: Wed Oct 17, 2018 9:30 pm Clutch plates worn out
Would that not cause problems in each gear? Problem only occurs at WOT in 4th!

Can anyone tell me how I can pick up 2 or more quotes to respond to. Only seem to be able to do 1 at a time! :?:
True
But you are putting the motor under more load the faster you go!
3plate clutches are fine line IMO
I’d put a 4 plate in it regardless
john.t5

I second the comment regarding the fuel pipe being too long, I had exactly the symptoms you describe a few years ago.
ricalnic
Main scooter: Lambretta GP Monza 225

Witnessed similar on a T5 years ago, ok through the gears, but WOT in 4th and it died and spluttered, could even be thought of as a misfire, but yup, fuel pipe was kinked. You could see the weakness in the hose and where it was happy to kink as soon as you started to lower the tank back into the frame. at the time i resolved it with putting a jubileee clip round the hose to support it hold its shape and stop it kinking. Sorted, and in fact the fuel hose never got replaced.
Martin20

Morning All,

Really getting peed off now! Have done the following over the past week:
1. Put new SIP Road2 exhaust on.
2. Drilled Airbox . 5 and 7mm holes in heart
3. Checked and cleaned fuel cap breather.
4. Nothing under seat.
5. Fuel pipe checked. No kinks.
6. Tried 118, 120 and 122 main jets. Carb and other jets cleaned a number of times.

After all of the above, scoot will still not go above 50mph. As soon as it gets there, starts to splutter. Ease back on throttle, and it is ok again!

Pretty sure it is not a clutch issue. Anyone got any other ideas? Really don't know what to try next!

Tia.
Martin
paul d
Main scooter: T5 172 Tv 240

For the sake of a few quid I’d change the fuel hose. For sure with modern fuels they have a shelf life. If it’s gone hard in any way it’ll have to be changed anyway. Fit as short as possible. Does the scoot behave better with a full tank? Is the ht screwed firmly into the cdi and plug cap? I know you’ve cleaned the carb but I’d pay particular attention to the little pin that allows the bowl to fill. On the short term I’d remove the fuel filter in the carb...good luck with it!
Martin20

paul d wrote: Sat Oct 27, 2018 11:59 am For the sake of a few quid I’d change the fuel hose. For sure with modern fuels they have a shelf life. If it’s gone hard in any way it’ll have to be changed anyway. Fit as short as possible. Does the scoot behave better with a full tank? Is the ht screwed firmly into the cdi and plug cap? I know you’ve cleaned the carb but I’d pay particular attention to the little pin that allows the bowl to fill. On the short term I’d remove the fuel filter in the carb...good luck with it!
Thanks Paul. Will get new fuel pipe. As you say, worth it for a few quid! Will have another go at carb as well.
Regarding amount of fuel in tank, seemed to perform worse when tank low, so always keep it as full as I can, especially when I've been trying to sort issues. Have taken to riding with tap on reserve as well!
HT screwed in tight at both ends, but will re-check.
Will try a short run tomorrow with air filter, and fuel filter off, just to see!

Not going to let this beat me, so anyone with anymore suggestions, please keep em coming!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information