Dellorto Si 24/24 help please.

Anything related to Vespas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
eibargum
Main scooter: Vespa PX210 Polini

On other forums iam reading conflicting information, iam running lean at 1/4 throttle and iam changing idle jet to try and correct, some have told me I wont be on the main at 1/4 throttle so the idle jet is the way to go, others tell me that on this carb the main jet is used all through the rev range and I should be looking at that too, is this true or do the jets overlap like they would on a more modern carb.

Bog standard P200, no air leaks I know off, 118 main, 55/160 idle, BE3 mixer & B7 plug. Still lean at 1/4 throttle.
Martin20
Main scooter: Lambretta LI 150 Special

Have you had a go at adjusting your mixture screw? This affects up to 1/4 throttle! How is your plug colour? Too light = too lean, dark and sooty = too rich!
My P200e is stock, and I am running 48/ 160 idle, BE3 mixer, and 116 main, and do not have a problem with lean running!
eibargum
Main scooter: Vespa PX210 Polini

Just ordered a richer idle Martin, I,v just read your post about you flywheel side oil seal leaking, did you have to buy a flywheel holding tool and puller to change it or is the another way of getting the flywheel off.
Martin20
Main scooter: Lambretta LI 150 Special

eibargum wrote: Mon Jul 23, 2018 1:28 pm Just ordered a richer idle Martin, I,v just read your post about you flywheel side oil seal leaking, did you have to buy a flywheel holding tool and puller to change it or is the another way of getting the flywheel off.
Just replied on my thread!

What size idle have you purchased? Hope it sorts your problem!
Martin
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information