P200e running issues when engine hot!

Anything related to Vespas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
Martin20
Main scooter: Lambretta LI 150 Special

Lambretta67 wrote: Sun Jul 15, 2018 3:16 pm Easy job. Just prize out old seal with a screw driver GENTLY and push new seal in. Check your flywheel for up & down & side to side movement. To much & your bearings might be worn
Great! Will report back in due course!!
Martin20

Update..

Took flywheel off earlier this week, and sure enough, inside of housing splattered in oil, and seal very wet! Fitted new seal, and all good again! Been out this morning and done a few miles with no problems.
Thanks again all, for help and advice.
Now to try and get the lammie sorted!!
Cheers
Martin
Shaunbond

Great news
Serial scooter rider...
VMSC Committed to Scootering for 25 years
eibargum
Main scooter: Vespa PX210 Polini

Martin, did you have to buy flywheel holding tool and puller to change the seal, or did you find another way.
Lambretta67
Main scooter: Lambretta L.I. 200 special

Great news. Did you check the flywheel for movement. Seal usually goes when there is movement on the crank
Martin20

eibargum wrote: Mon Jul 23, 2018 1:20 pm Martin, did you have to buy flywheel holding tool and puller to change the seal, or did you find another way.
I bought a flywheel puller to remove flywheel, and managed without a holding tool, (just put socket and rachet on and gave rachet a sharp tap and nut loosened) but when refitting, I decided, to get the correct torque, a holding tool was necessary, so bought one!
Having never replaced a seal before, I was pleasantly surprised at how straightforward it was!😀
Martin20

Lambretta67 wrote: Mon Jul 23, 2018 3:42 pm Great news. Did you check the flywheel for movement. Seal usually goes when there is movement on the crank
Yes, I checked for movement Lambretta67.There was a very small amount, I would say approx 1mm each way (if that). I have no idea what it should be, but it certainly felt tight, and did not give me any cause for concern. Famous last words lol!
eibargum
Main scooter: Vespa PX210 Polini

Lambretta67 wrote: Sun Jul 15, 2018 12:07 am Was the last thing I checked but also found that the crank bearings were shot causing the seal to fail
How much play did you have on the crank, side to side & in and out.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information