Gear cable adjustments on P200e

Anything related to Vespas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
railfancwb

Here are pictures showing the grip position on my P200e in first and fourth. Is this typical or excessive travel?

If excessive travel is replacing both shift cables the prudent thing to do?

In fact the grip position in fourth gear may be a bit further around than shown. Closer to the center line of the switch housing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
rosscla
Main scooter: Lambretta

Is there slack movement back and forth that doesn't lead to a gear change? If not, it may just be where your gears are. If yes, then you might want to start with adjusting the cables, if the adjusters are at max then release the nipples, screw the adjusters in, pull the cables tight and tighten the nipples.

If they look frayed / worn then replace. If replacing get nylon lined / friction free ones.
"Our dilemma is that we hate change and love it at the same time; what we really want is for things to remain the same but get better."
railfancwb

rosscla wrote:Is there slack movement back and forth that doesn't lead to a gear change? If not, it may just be where your gears are. If yes, then you might want to start with adjusting the cables, if the adjusters are at max then release the nipples, screw the adjusters in, pull the cables tight and tighten the nipples.

If they look frayed / worn then replace. If replacing get nylon lined / friction free ones.
Are you saying replace the housing as well as the inner cable?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
rosscla
Main scooter: Lambretta

By housing do you mean outer cable?

If so, only if they need it. They can get a bit rusty inside or inflexible as they age.
"Our dilemma is that we hate change and love it at the same time; what we really want is for things to remain the same but get better."
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information