Rear wheel changing on 1980 P200e...

Anything related to Vespas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
paul d
Main scooter: T5 172 Tv 240

In my experience if using a jack or any type of support under the engine to change a wheel, under the gear selector is the best place to support. It gives more wiggle room to work the wheel off if a standard exhaust is used. I think a tinny of your favorite tipple might be the right size too but I've never risked the loss of one! I read in an old lambretta manual that using the spare against the saddle while the scooter is on it's side is another tip but I've never tried it.
timexit17
Main scooter: GP 225 Extra S type

That rear light is the standard issue US one as they (the US DOT) felt the standard Italian/European one didn't give enough light rearwards.
Grumpy225
Main scooter: Gori200, rt195, ld150,rb20

rosscla wrote: Sun May 13, 2018 10:28 pm BTW Is that rear lamp common on Vespas over there?
Yes, that's a US DOT spec tail light. Common on P, Rally and I think Sprints from the early 70's on. Also seen on Spanish lambretta's.

They are big and ugly but you could hang your helmet off it if that helps :D
rosscla
Main scooter: Lambretta

Yes, also on Jets and Lince Serveta. Easily broken off - if they're common in the States on more than scooters that might be another good source of fugly replacements for those of us that like that sort of thing ;-)
"Our dilemma is that we hate change and love it at the same time; what we really want is for things to remain the same but get better."
railfancwb

Just found a video about changing the rear wheel of classic 2-cycle Vespa.

https://youtu.be/H4o2vkzHzR8

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information