PX leaking oil through breather nut

Anything related to Vespas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
Hedges
Xbox live gamer tag: Northerncoaster
Main scooter: PX200

Asking for friend
PX was pushing oil out the breather when the engine warmed up oil level was correct.
Initially thought could be clutch side oilseal leaking air and building up pressure inside engine, hence pushing out oil once pressure reached.
Checked the engine, stripped and rebuilt replaced all bearings, seals new clutch plates and springs plus had the crank balanced again Now when the engines has warmed up the oil is pouring from the breather again.
Any help or advice would be appreciated thanks
paul d
Main scooter: T5 172 Tv 240

I'm not sure what's causing this...Every time I've had oil out of the breather it's been a faulty floatjet in the carb causing the gearbox to fill with petrol which dilutes the oil and with the extra volume in the gearbox, it gets pushed out. Are you sure the oil is coming from the breather? I've had carb leaks and leaks from the rubber o ring behind the clutch cover which 100% looked as if the oil was coming from the breather. If it were me I'd change all of the gaskets in the carb and carb box, fit a new o ring on the clutch cover and replace the float jet with a red tipped one. Best of luck with it!
ColB
Main scooter: Vespa P200E

Has the bike got a side stand? I had this problem with my scoot, the bike did not like it when ticking over on the side stand and oil (correct amount in cases) came pouring out of the breather. Hope this helps mate
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information