Malossi 210 exhaust options

Anything related to Vespas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
poose

Im currently running a malossi 210 kit with 60 mm crank with 26 mm standard type carb and a taffy pipe, all casings have been matched. Still running it in but looking to put a more standard type exhaust on like a sip road 2 or BGM sport or clubman . Im looking more for a good spread of power with quick acceleration rather than top end speed any recommendations
ricalnic
Main scooter: Lambretta GP Monza 225

Love my 210 on it's Taffy pipe, interested to see what you end up with. I cannot compliment the Taffy enough, she crisp and revs out with a lovely top end rush.
Ginch
Main scooter: Vespa 150 Super

I'm running a 210 Sport with 60mm crank and SIP road. Tons of torque. Very happy with it.
I did have a 24/24 but recently went reed/PWK. Both setups worked well with the exhaust.
poose

Thanks Ginch I think its the way I will be going as would sooner have easy access to my rear wheel which the Taffy restricts.
rosscla
Main scooter: Lambretta

Which reed and PWK did you go with?
"Our dilemma is that we hate change and love it at the same time; what we really want is for things to remain the same but get better."
Ginch
Main scooter: Vespa 150 Super

rosscla wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2017 8:47 pm Which reed and PWK did you go with?
I was given an MMW1. It's out of production now but the reed sits at 45 degrees rather than horizontal... so not quite as straight a run as the later ones. The carb is an OKO I got very cheap. Seems to work well enough but a Keihin is on the list for the future. Interestingly the OKO has 30 marked on the side. Measures 29.5 at the widest point and 28 at the smallest! :lol:
rosscla
Main scooter: Lambretta

I have seen them offered as 28/30 in some places the bore is supposed to be a bit oval
"Our dilemma is that we hate change and love it at the same time; what we really want is for things to remain the same but get better."
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information