Clutch actuator wire clip

Anything related to Vespas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
Nerdy Norm
Main scooter: Lambretta LI 150 S3

Can anyone give me tips on how to correctly install the wire retaining clip on the clutch actuator plate on a PX engine?

I've managed to trash 3 of them so far trying to get them in the holes on the plate. I'm having to bend the wire so much to get it in the holes that it pretty much loses its retaining qualities!

This is the little blighter I'm talking about:
Lambretta LI125 Series 2, Lambretta LI150 Series 3, Lambretta J100 Cento, LML Star 150 2T
paul d
Main scooter: T5 172 Tv 240

Its all about using a flathead screwdriver to push the clip towards the centre of the actuator plate while pushing the plate into the clutch basket. The plate has a flat side which corresponds to a flat in the clutch and only fits when the flats line up. I always set the two ends of the clip first by offering up the plate at an angle, then lie it flat against the clutch and with a flathead against the rounded part of the clip, push towards centre while pressing the plate in with your thumb. Very hard to explain! One of those things that seem tricky at first but once you've got it you've got it. Good luck with it!
Nerdy Norm
Main scooter: Lambretta LI 150 S3

Many thanks, managed it in the end :)
Lambretta LI125 Series 2, Lambretta LI150 Series 3, Lambretta J100 Cento, LML Star 150 2T
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information