PX200 tuning

Anything related to Vespas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
bryansmudge
registered user
Posts: 49
Joined: Mon May 17, 2010 2:21 pm
Contact:

Thu Sep 28, 2017 11:15 am

Can anyone point me in the right direction, got a PX200 engine to play with. I remember an article in scootering about a tune by Harry Barlow on these where the barrel was measured and then topped or tailed to bring it into spec. If anyone can send me the magazine number or even better a copy of the article. Many thanks

Norrie Bodge
registered user
Posts: 417
Joined: Thu Oct 25, 2012 2:49 am
Main scooter: 80-P200e/71-GP200/60-S2-Ts-230
Contact:

Thu Sep 28, 2017 3:31 pm

not very good quality likes!!!

& heres a good german video -> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4FcLJxtVWA4

Image

Image

Image

Image

GeorgeS
registered user
Posts: 227
Joined: Fri Feb 27, 2015 1:58 pm
Main scooter: 1961 Series II Granturismo 240
Contact:

Thu Sep 28, 2017 5:16 pm

I think they're my old scans and are indeed awful quality.

Funnily enough I was talking to someone about those articles just last week (Scootering Oct, Nov Dec 1994) and had intended to scan them in again & make a better job of it, I just need to find where I put the mags...

I did the modifications mentioned in those articles and the scooter was fabulous. I then repeated it on a friends & got very similar results (slightly less performance as his had a standard pipe and mine had an expansion). I'd do another in a heartbeat, to me it was like kitted 210 performance for pennies.

Sach
registered user
Posts: 36
Joined: Sun Jul 16, 2017 3:03 am
Main scooter: Lambretta GP
Contact:

Mon Oct 02, 2017 9:09 pm

Checkout Saxelby's prices on the add.
Honda 205 kits for £145😀

User avatar
Muttley McLadd
registered user
Posts: 2533
Joined: Wed Jan 07, 2009 6:32 pm
Contact:

Mon Oct 02, 2017 10:04 pm

Sach wrote:
Mon Oct 02, 2017 9:09 pm
Checkout Saxelby's prices on the add.
Honda 205 kits for £145😀
Go knocking on his door, and ask if he'll match that price now.

See what happens.. :lol:

Although, if you're there, he does/did do P200 tuning on standard barrels.
CakeAndArseParty

Norrie Bodge
registered user
Posts: 417
Joined: Thu Oct 25, 2012 2:49 am
Main scooter: 80-P200e/71-GP200/60-S2-Ts-230
Contact:

Mon Oct 02, 2017 10:34 pm

Muttley McLadd wrote:
Mon Oct 02, 2017 10:04 pm
Sach wrote:
Mon Oct 02, 2017 9:09 pm
Checkout Saxelby's prices on the add.
Honda 205 kits for £145😀
Go knocking on his door, and ask if he'll match that price now.

See what happens.. :lol:

Although, if you're there, he does/did do P200 tuning on standard barrels.

a mate off mine got a PX200 std tune off Ralf back in the late 90`s & went quite well fitted with a pitone
until he seized it up when we started having to use unleaded petrol?

heres the Piston off it ;-)

Image

Image

User avatar
Muttley McLadd
registered user
Posts: 2533
Joined: Wed Jan 07, 2009 6:32 pm
Contact:

Mon Oct 02, 2017 11:54 pm

Yup.. I have one in my Rally. :D
CakeAndArseParty

gaz_powell
registered user
Posts: 1178
Joined: Sat Mar 28, 2009 1:10 pm
Location: hartlepool
Contact:

Sat Oct 07, 2017 9:12 pm

Norrie Bodge wrote:
Mon Oct 02, 2017 10:34 pm
Muttley McLadd wrote:
Mon Oct 02, 2017 10:04 pm
Sach wrote:
Mon Oct 02, 2017 9:09 pm
Checkout Saxelby's prices on the add.
Honda 205 kits for £145😀
Go knocking on his door, and ask if he'll match that price now.

See what happens.. :lol:

Although, if you're there, he does/did do P200 tuning on standard barrels.

a mate off mine got a PX200 std tune off Ralf back in the late 90`s & went quite well fitted with a pitone
until he seized it up when we started having to use unleaded petrol?

heres the Piston off it ;-)

Image

Image
that looks like my original RS top end (one of the first he did) that I lent him to back on the road when he was skint including a baffles pitone .......i never saw it again or anything else after he sold the bike !!!

Norrie Bodge
registered user
Posts: 417
Joined: Thu Oct 25, 2012 2:49 am
Main scooter: 80-P200e/71-GP200/60-S2-Ts-230
Contact:

Mon Oct 09, 2017 9:27 am

It's the one chips had done m8,
dunno what happened with the pitone?

gaz_powell
registered user
Posts: 1178
Joined: Sat Mar 28, 2009 1:10 pm
Location: hartlepool
Contact:

Mon Oct 09, 2017 11:30 pm

Chippers Green P2 ??
The next owner got my top end and pitone after he blew the original one...... that looks like mine after slight seizure when setting up the 28mm carb before it had a fuel pump added.
Chippers had his RS tune done after he saw me sail past him 2 up.

Was a canny bike that I did plenty miles before I went with a Chisel tuned Autisa - now that did some miles (and got me out a spot recently! ).

Then I've got the Harry Barlow tuned Autisa - that I've never ran. The chisel one is desperate for rebore so i'll put the HB one on ready for next season.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information
  • Who is online

    Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests