BGM 177 kit - really plug n play?

Anything related to Vespas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
Mark 1
Main scooter: Lambretta GP150

I'm after an upgrade for a 2005 PX150 that already has a JL pipe. I'm not looking to wring all possible power out of the kit, just get a few more mph on the cruising speed (genuine 55-58 would be nice) and not struggle up the hills as much.

Question as in the title, is it really plug and play with the cylinder kit? Other than removing the electric start ring and a different plug? Is the current carb and filter ok with the jetting adjusted? Or, am I getting into new carb, filter, fast flow tap?

Just thinking, all of a sudden less than 300 quid for a cylinder kit could turn into 400 plus. :(

Any advice or experiences appreciated.

Cheers
Mark
acko

Better off with the aluminium Pinasco 177 for what you're after. Upgrade the carburettor to a 24-24 si and you will have a good touring set up.
Better to be someone for a day than no-one for a lifetime
Mark 1

Thanks acko, hadn't really thought about the Pinasco so I'll have a look at prices and feedback. Was hoping there might be something I could use with the standard carb though. Do you know if you can keep the electric start with the Pinasco kit?

Cheers
Mark
Boreham
Main scooter: GP225

Hi Mark
You can fit with the electric start but you do have to remove some material from the barrel, seems a bit drastic on a new barrel but it can run the gear ring
I have ran 3 of these with both the 20 & 24 mm carbs, the std carb runs fine, just breaths better with the larger P200 unit
A great proven kit
Mark 1

Thanks Boreham, think I'll get one ordered. Don't suppose you remember the jetting for the 20 20? And if exhaust was on a par jetting wise with the JL we have on this one at the moment.

Cheers
Mark
Boreham
Main scooter: GP225

Hi Mark, the Pinasco jetting on the std carb just needed the richer BE4 atomiser and main jet, I ran a R/H JL and that's was around 118-120
Mark 1

Boreham, many thanks I'll start looking tonight.

Mark
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information