Px210 mallossi engine vibrations

Anything related to Vespas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
WINTERMODEL150
Main scooter: lambretta ld auto

Hi guys.

Just asking for a bit of tech advise for a friend of mine.

He's running a 210 vespa and it's vibrating like crazing ,your hands very quickly go numb when riding .

After a run tonight first impressions is it seems like it's the crank or the flywheel that's causing the problem.

My question is what's the best crank out there on the make these days?

Thanks

Dean stradling
paul d
Main scooter: T5 172 Tv 240

Has he changed the engine bushings where the engine bolt goes through the frame? The harder types help handling alot but increase the vibes a fair bit.
WINTERMODEL150

It's had an engine rebuild since he's had the scooter but no bushes have been changed.I'm no vespa tech so any info on bushes would be great Paul .
ducksta

start at the handle bars and work backwards- is head stock tight are forks correct tightness no upward play, are shockers in good nick and tight is engine bolt tight is rear shocker bolt tight is exhaust tight and not touching frame if all this is fine change the bushes.
live life your a long time dead
WINTERMODEL150

Yes there's a fair bit of play on the gear change and throttle ,so we'll look at that firstly, there's bad vibes coming through the seat area too.Both shocks are new and exhaust is tight, in all fairness the scoot is really a up together .
holty
Main scooter: lambretta gp

if its the original mounts that were vibration free previously i would supect maybe a twisted crank, take flywheel cover off and watch the flywheel as you push on the kickstart, if the flywheel moves from side to side slightly as it rotates that would confirm a twisted crank, sometimes the flywheel will rub on the stator plate as well leaving witness marks, i twisted mine in my rb, a missed year and a handfull of revs.
WINTERMODEL150

The vibrations were there before and after the engine build, so I'm thinking engine mounts and handlebars first .It could be possible that it's another crank issue,but as suggested I think I'll do the obvious first .
paul d
Main scooter: T5 172 Tv 240

WINTERMODEL150 wrote:It's had an engine rebuild since he's had the scooter but no bushes have been changed.I'm no vespa tech so any info on bushes would be great Paul .
I'm thinking if the bushings haven't been changed then you could rule them out. The sporty ones I have are blue in colour and came from the states. Big handling improvement but much more vibes through feet and handlebars. The only other thing I can think of is play in the main bearings. You can test for this by placing your hand on the fan and pulling in the clutch (with engine not running!), the fan always moves out a bit but if its more than a few mm then the main bearing on the clutch side is worn. This definitely increases vibes, particularly at high revs. Best of luck with it!
WINTERMODEL150

We're making a start this Saturday so I'll keep a progress report.Thanks for all of the advice given so far
rosscla
Main scooter: Lambretta

I built a 210 motor for the pig and got it running earlier in the year but similarly the vibrations were so bad it was literally rattling stuff loose.

It went on the naughty step and I've not got back round to trying to figure out what's up with it.
"Our dilemma is that we hate change and love it at the same time; what we really want is for things to remain the same but get better."
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information