P200e front brake drum questions

Anything related to Vespas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
railfancwb

The front brake drum on my P200e has three holes, which also appear on drums sold as replacements. But of more interest my drum has a single large Phillips head screw near one of the three holes, which does not appear on replacement drums.

Any idea what that screw might be for?

And for that matter the purpose of the three holes, which do not appear in the inside of the drum?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
railfancwb

Inside of a replacement front drum for the P200e, showing no three hole pattern.

The boss might be the spot for the instilled hole for a large Phillips head screw...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ducksta

was the phlilips screw going to be a observation window to check shoe wear
live life your a long time dead
paul d
Main scooter: T5 172 Tv 240

I don't know what the 3 blind holes are for but my guess is the phillips screw was drilled in for a small chrome hub cap.
Knowledge
Dealer
Main scooter: GP

I wonder if the three blind holes are there as part of the casting process, perhaps to hold the cast iron liner in place while the ali is poured into the mould.

The Philips head might well be for a vision hole for the shoes, but it was not full adopted and therefore these is no hole on the inside of the hub. The necessary castings for the autolube on the p range engine were visible long before the autolube was actually available. Perhaps the inspection hole was thought of, but abandoned, rather than thought of, the then adopted (like the autolube)
Martin
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information