Vespa px malossi 210 jetting

Anything related to Vespas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
Nik221
Main scooter: Vespa PX221...

Hi everyone need a bit of help on jetting my px malossi engine my setup is a malossi 210 sport 2013 with ported piston, also cut crank 57mm stroke, mmw head, JL RH exhaust and i have installed a kytronik. the jetting for now is a 55 idle, 126 main, X13 needle 2nd notch from the top, 40 slide, choke 65, atomizer av 264....the thing is my idle is wierd sometimes it hangs up a bit too long and the mixture screw is 3 and a half turns out so a bit wierd.
Any help would be great. cheers !
Jack221
Main scooter: PX221

What carb is it? Maybe its an air screw not a mixture screw ;)
Vespa est ieiunas, quia semper operaturi
Rsport220

Is it a PHBH dellorto carb. If it was me, I`d just go through the basics, does the bike hesitate when the throttle is snapped open like its going to stall? Is there enough slack in the throttle cable? Does 1 turn out have the same effect? Try kytronik on setting 0 so the ignition curve is static, remove kytronik and see if there is any difference. Check for air leaks. Frown and scowl and shout FFS several times...only joking.....actually it sometime works for me.
Nik221

Its a phbh 26 BS. Im sure its a mixture screw. Im currently riding it without a filter just to try and it goes much smoother and crispier and more response on the throttle, there is play in the cable. And no air leaks for sure becuase i had the original carb until a couple of weeks ago and was all ok.
Nik221

Im thinking to go reed valve ? Which would you get at a not too rocket high price ?
Rsport220

IMO would look for the reed valve that suits your engine spec rather than look at the price. You`ll also have to consider casing modifications to open out the inlet port and ideally get your crank webs modified for reed or fit a bell crank. It all starts to add up though. I made my own block and inlet manifold incorporating a RD350 valve, this suited me and was cheap.
Jack221

Yours is a mixture screw, so either your carb has a blockage or you need a bigger pilot jet. I would fit a 60 pilot jet.

When it doesn't return to tickover, is it after it has been running at high rom for a while? If so there is a different problem.

For a reed block to be worth the expense and effort, a much bigger carb is needed to actually go faster. Something like 34mm.
Nik221

What about using a malossi reed valve kit with this carb for touring ?
Nik221

I have ordered a Malossi x360 reed valve kit and a serie pro flowed by worb5 60mm crank. Thanks for the help
Jack221

If fitting a reed block makes you happy. It will at least sound nice and if jetted well at low throttle will be more responsive. And you can add a bigger carb later.

Fitting a 60mm crank could work well with all the packer on the head.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information