Running indicators of lucas type switch on bike bars

Anything related to Vespas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
Arfur
Playstation gamer tag: hulkascooby

Does anyone know how to wire up your indicators on a vespa chop with bike bars using an Lucas type switch
like this Image

The switch has one power feed in (live) and two feed outs (to indicators). I have connected the two feed outs to the relevant feeds to the flasher unit/bulbs but I have two live feeds to attach to one feed in (Red & White).
I can get the feed to light the bulbs buy not flash any advice?
I am using a beedspeed loom to EFL connectors and using standard EFL indicator wiring to switch.
Scoot also has DC feed.
DigDug
Main scooter: Lambretta

Shouldn't the live feed to the indicator switch come from the output of the flasher unit?
Did you have to do that?
DigDug

Shouldn't the live feed to the indicator switch come from the output of the flasher unit?

Then you have only to feed from the switch to each indicator.
Did you have to do that?
coaster

I agree with DigDug, the output from the flasher goes to the indicator switch on the red wire and the green would be to the right indicators and the yellow to the left (I think).

Nice switch btw
Arfur
Playstation gamer tag: hulkascooby

Thanks guys does this mean you combine the red and white from the flasher unit to the single live input to the switch?
DigDug

Arfur wrote:Thanks guys does this mean you combine the red and white from the flasher unit to the single live input to the switch?
I'd check what was coming out of them with a voltmeter but I would suspect that you only need one to be wired to the switch. The other is presumably for the "mimic" LED on the headset of a standard Vespa.
Did you have to do that?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information