Engine rebuild

Anything related to Vespas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
ricardo59
Main scooter: vespa px 125-180

Hi all
does anybody roughly know how much to strip and rebuild a vespa px 125 engine?
fraserp200e
Main scooter: 1988 MotoVespa TX200

Depends on where you are, who's doing it, why you're stripping it (fit a kit, carry out damage repair etc) and if the engines still in the scooter I would imagine.......but as a rough ballpark figure I was quoted £250 for labour a few months back when I was looking into getting some work done.

If it's for something basic it's worth buying a haines manual and doing it yourself, it's fairly easy if your mechanically minded.
1983 Vespa PX125
1984 MotoVespa P200E
1988 MotoVespa TX200
paulnobodyimportant
Main scooter: varies

Although I know Lambretta engines back to front, I was always scared of tackling a Vespa engine and so put it off. That is until I bought this "Vespa Engine Rebuild DVD." See link
Its a great DVD and since then I've stripped down and re-built 2 Vespa engines and they are not difficult. I would also say that they are easier than lambretta engine, but then again, there is nothing really complicated with a lambretta engine.

Have a go, its good fun and rewarding if you have the time, a re-build of either a lambretta or vespa engine can be done in a day, or quicker with experience.

http://www.scooterproducts.com/catalog. ... espa%20DVD
ricardo59
Main scooter: vespa px 125-180

Hi
thanks for replies, I've been quoted £280 for labour and diagnosis as apparently its an oil seal in the clutch
Scooterindo
Main scooter: Cutdown Bitza

Do it yourself its not that hard and will be very rewarding - also save yourself about 250 quid.
Old Skool Cool
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information